Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 06:25 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Cannot save some configuration

casper

Forum User
I have just migrated a site, changed db_name, paths, domain, and mail.

That went well, all is up and running... Almost..

In the config-area I noticed two elements was blank: Backup File Name Mask in MySql, and No-Reply E-Mail in Mail.

When trying to insert a mailadress, og putting in the default file mask and hitting Save, pages just returns with the field blank and no message on top.
Took a dump of the table, and the new parameters are present.
Tried a DB-backup, and only the default file name mask is used, even if I have changed some of it.

Looked around, and this is also an issue with the permanent cookie name.

Any help is appreciated Exclamation

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Are the config options affected still in the db?

What version of Geeklog are you using? (did you do an upgrade as well?)

Most of these config options shouldn't have been touched by the migration process. Was anything reported in the error.log file?
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

casper

Forum User
I found there was an issue with the tables for config, no primary/more than one primary, and then the table is locked for editing.

Did not use any more time on it, was a pre-release site. The migrate was to move the site to correct webserver and domain.
Was more effective to drop the whole table, run the install again, and manually run queries to insert the missing content.

This was the 1.8.2sr1, too many plugins missing an update to 2.0.0 that I would go for it this time.

Regarding plugins: The only reason I still use GL now is because I know the plugins well, and know how reliable the script is.
There is no easy way to find a complete list of plugins, and a place to download them from.
Just for the forums, I belive there is more than five versions in the repository, and no new update to integrate gallery3?
As a new user I think I would walk straight by, looking for another script to use as there is no good method of finding plugins, updated themes, ....

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
So you upgraded to 1.8.2sr1? From what version then?

As far as the downloads are concerned there is a plan in the works to use a new "downloads" plugin and reorganize everything. unfortunately we have run out of time as late and bugs, etc. always get priority over upgrading Geeklog.net. Once version 2.1.0 of Geeklog is released I think I am going to take the time and do the upgrade myself as it is a horrible experience for new users to find any new plugins and themes.

Geeklog.fr has a good list of plugins and what supports Geeklog 2.0. Of course I cannot find it now maybe Ben will chime in and give us the link.

For Gallery integration you need to check http://www.flashyourweb.com/

What are the full list of plugins you use?

casper

Forum User
Thanks for your reply Smile

I did not do an upgrade, just moved the site from one server and domain, to a new server and new domain.

Some of the plugins I use is quite old, i.e. glmenu, messenger, easyfile, ban, gus, G2Bridge, ...
For every upgrade of server and GL, there is always some plugins that needs some fixes Smile

And for integrations, plugins, themes, and so on, hosted on other sites, over time some has disappeared or the developers have left the community.
Looking forward to a new download-section that can keep all this "in-house".

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm. Migration just updates the 2 config files and replaces your domain name and other site info in a few places. I am surprised it doesn't work.

Can you create a new database and do a fresh install to it (using the same Geeklog files) just to make sure it is not something else?

casper

Forum User
As I said, I did a fresh install and just inserted the content by sql query to fix it.
Have not used time to check what and why, so all I can say is that it now works.

But I have a suspicion:
If using phpmyadmin to look at the gl_conf_values I cannot edit the table:
" This table does not contain a unique column. Grid edit, checkbox, Edit, Copy and Delete features are not available."
The error comes if there is more than one primary or unique, or its missing if I have understood it correct.

Is it possible that when running a mysqldump from the admin interface, the dump contains any command that locks db columns that is affected?
And that this is what causes the effect when importing it again?

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:25 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content