Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 02:52 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Topics with Zero Stories

gtgillis

Forum User
After upgrading to GL2.0.0 I noticed that if while in the Topic Manager I click on a topic name that I created (Guns) without any stories associated with it I get the message
Text Formatted Code
There are no news stories to display. There may be no news for this topic or your user preferences may be too restrictive for topic Guns

I don't use the topics that come installed, Geeklog, Security, Server or Under Construction so they always have zero stories associated but when I click on those I don't get the message that there are no stories to display. Instead they seem to show all topics.

No big deal. I just thought it was odd.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
If the topic has no articles then it should display the message. The preinstalled topics are just normal topics and nothing special.

Is your site multi language? There was a few issues which are now fixed (for Geeklog 2.0.1) that dealt with topics.

Tom
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

gtgillis

Forum User
No, neither site is multi-language.

gtgillis

Forum User
Just looking at the gl_topics table I noticed that the problem topics have the perm_anon field set to 0 where all of the topics I created are set to 2. When I set perm_anon to 2 they show the proper message.

I found that the mysql_tableanddata.php file shows
Text Formatted Code
perm_anon tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '2',
so the default is 2 and the inserted data should be 2. I have no idea how they got set to 0.

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:52 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content