Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 10:48 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

topics are hiding

remy

Forum User
My site is not displaying the topics in the standard topic block.
I've posted for testing a article in one topic and that article is not visible either: not in "new stories" of the what's new block and it does not show up after searching. The advanced search does not list topics as well.
However, it shows in the account information as a posted article, and it can be shown with a direct link. see remote screen shot.
Note that in the upper left corner the topic block is empty (there should be 3 topics).
And of course, as Admin and as author the article is retrieve-able.

I have no clue what is going on here. I even copied the sources to a different domain and installed anew. Redid the config (add a user, delete the default stories, add a phpBlock, disabled the first_block) and there is no problem. Made a backup of both databases and compared. Same, except the domain name and some timestamps.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm...

I can't say off hand. Do you want to email me your Admin password so I can have a closer look?

Tom
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Hmmm after checking your site I see you have a multi language site. Looking at your topics and their ids I see that they are not language specific so they should display for all languages but they are not. This is a bug and I will add it to the bug tracker.

For now you can get the topics to display for an individual language if you add the appropriate tag to it (found under Language files in the configuration). For example adding _en for English or _de for German at the end of your topic ids (I did it for 2 of your topics during my test).

Your other option for now until this is fixed would be to set your site for one language only.

This works fine under Geeklog which is setup for 2 lanuges (English and German) so I am not sure why this would work under your site even though it has 3 languages setup.

Tom

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
For those interested here is the bug report http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1620.

For reference here is the semi outdated Wiki page on how Multilanguage support should work on Geeklog http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Multilingual_Support.

remy

Forum User
Thanks, Tom, for this swift resolution.

Leaves me, however, with the fact that my testsite is multi-language also, and seem to run ok. So I did some investigation with the following result:

Enabling more than one language; no problem
Enabling more than one language_file; Bingo !

So, a different language is no problem, but setting a language_file will harm.
Now I am wondering why that configuration option is available, anyway. The site displays english, german, dutch etc. beautifully without using that option.

The error_log now complains that estonian is not configured, but I guess that was your investigation.

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:48 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content