Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 05:14 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

LinkedIn authentication update

::Ben

Forum User
I received this message from LinkedIn:

To ensure a consistent authentication experience across our platform, we're requiring all applications to use Member Permissions by July 15. Member Permissions allow you to specify the exact information a member shares with your application and what actions you can take on their behalf.

A key goal of our platform is to help professional applications effectively leverage LinkedIn for a rewarding user experience. As part of that goal, in August 2012 we introduced Member Permissions to make the LinkedIn API authentication flow more clear and transparent to our members. In November 2012, we introduced a migration path to this new flow for applications created before that change.

July 15 is the deadline for migrating your application. After that time, we'll automatically convert it for you. This may cause your application to break.

We understand this migration requires some changes on your part, and our goal is to provide you with the lead time and support you need to be successful.

Is Geeklog need an update?

Ben
I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Good question. It has been a while since I have poked around the LinkedIn OAUTH code.

I don't have the time unfortunately to look into this now or even in a month but I think we MIGHT be okay as when you login to Geeklog the first time using LinkedIn it does ask you to grant the Geeklog site rights to access your LinkedIn information.

Maybe put this into a bug report and someone else will be able to check on it.

Tom
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

::Ben

Forum User
Done http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1653

Ben
I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:14 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content