Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 11:39 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

OAuth Fatal Error on Twitter Login

Sam

Anonymous
Hi,

I've logged in successfully to my geeklog with twitter previously, but for some reason I got this error today. Anyone decode for me?

Text Formatted Code

Fatal error: Uncaught <table style="border: 1px" cellspacing="0"> <tr><td colspan="3" style="background: #ff9999"> <b>HTTP_OAuth_Exception</b>: Unable to connect to. Error: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in <b>/home/gratitud/public_html/mydomain.com/recyclebin/system/classes/oauthhelper.class.php</b> on line <b>397</b></td></tr> <tr><td colspan="3" style="background-color: #aaaaaa; text-align: center; font-weight: bold;">Exception trace</td></tr> <tr><td style="text-align: center; background: #cccccc; width:20px; font-weight: bold;">#</td><td style="text-align: center; background: #cccccc; font-weight: bold;">Function</td><td style="text-align: center; background: #cccccc; font-weight: bold;">Location</td></tr> <tr><td style="text-align: center;">0</td><td>HTTP_OAuth_Consumer_Request->send()</td><td>/home/gratitud/public_html/mydomain.com/recyclebin/system/classes/oauthhelper.class.php:397</td></tr> <tr><td style="text-align: center;">1</td><td>OAuthConsumerB in /home/gratitud/public_html/mydomain.com/recyclebin/system/pear/HTTP/OAuth/Consumer/Request.php on line 232

Sam

Anonymous
I probably shouldn't have posted the above code because it reveals the location of dbconnect and so on. Could a moderator edit or remove? Sorry about that.

ivy

Forum User
Twitter GET account/verify_credentials Resource URL was changed.
http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1497

Related to this problem?
Geeklog Japan https://www.geeklog.jp

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
I didn't get a Fatal Error but I did get a system message about an Authentication error from Geeklog.

When I clicked on the Twitter login it brought me to Twitter. I gave Geeklog permission to access and then it returned to Geeklog with the "Authentication error " system message on the login screen.

Hopefully the new url will fix this.

One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
This now has been fixed in the repository and on Geeklog.net.

For it to work with an existing Geeklog Twitter account you may need to log out of your Twitter account first (on Twitter) and then try logging into Geeklog. After that everything should be fine.

ivy

Forum User
Sorry, I could log in by Twitter OAuth, but I can't post this forum.
So I deleted my Twitter account, and I log in by Twitter OAoth again, then error occured.

Text Formatted Code
Fatal error: Uncaught <table style="border: 1px" cellspacing="0"> <tr><td colspan="3" style="background: #ff9999"> <b>HTTP_OAuth_Exception</b>: Unable to connect to tcp://api.tr.im:80. Error: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: hostname nor servname provided, or not known in <b>/<geeklog_path>/system/classes/oauthhelper.class.php</b> on line <b>396</b></td></tr> <tr><td colspan="3" style="background-color: #aaaaaa; text-align: center; font-weight: bold;">Exception trace</td></tr> <tr><td style="text-align: center; background: #cccccc; width:20px; font-weight: bold;">#</td><td style="text-align: center; background: #cccccc; font-weight: bold;">Function</td><td style="text-align: center; background: #cccccc; font-weight: bold;">Location</td></tr> <tr><td style="text-align: center;">0</td><td>HTTP_OAuth_Consumer_Request->send()</td><td>/<geeklog_path>/system/classes/oauthhelper.class.php:396</td></tr> <tr><td style="text-align: center;">1</td><td>OAuthConsumerBaseClass->_shorten('http://www.geek in /<geeklog_path>/system/pear/HTTP/OAuth/Consumer/Request.php on line 232

"OAuthConsumerBaseClass->_shorten('http://www.geek" is right?

Geeklog Japan https://www.geeklog.jp

ivyjp

Forum User
I tried log in again by Twitter OAuth.
It's okay.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Hmmm... that is a similar error I had when I tried to log in the first time to Geeklog.net after I applied the fix. Logging out of Twitter (and Geeklog) and then logging back seem to fix it for me. I am not sure why though.

Geeklog_Ben

Forum User
I logged with my twitter account. Everything seems to be OK.

ivyjp

Forum User
"Re-synch Remote Account" worked well, too.
My photo changed.
Re-synch is nice!

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:39 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content