Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 07:39 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Story Editor not coming up

dbsmall

Anonymous
I upgraded to 1.8.x (from 1.5.x?).
And---blammo---my theme seems corrupted. And, to be honest, I'm not sure if the problem is that I munged the upgrade, or whether the theme I've been using is somehow invalidated.

In any case, if you go to Contribute/submit a story, the heading "Story Editor" comes up, and no editor actually appears.

[I was using a slightly modified old "Theme based on gl Labs based on original design by Andreas Viklund"

Tips about where to look for answers appreciated.

::Ben

Forum User
Can you try with the professional theme?

Ben
I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

ironmax

Anonymous
Quote by: Anonymous

I upgraded to 1.8.x (from 1.5.x?).
And---blammo---my theme seems corrupted. And, to be honest, I'm not sure if the problem is that I munged the upgrade, or whether the theme I've been using is somehow invalidated.

In any case, if you go to Contribute/submit a story, the heading "Story Editor" comes up, and no editor actually appears.

[I was using a slightly modified old "Theme based on gl Labs based on original design by Andreas Viklund" Tips about where to look for answers appreciated.[/p]

I see your problem. There are a few theme changes that you will need to make in order to bring your custom theme up to date. Please read the documentation changes and ChangeLog to see what has been updated from version to version.

If you are unsure or would want someone to update the theme for you, please see the paid support page to contact a support tech.

Michael

dbsmall

Anonymous
So,
1) I tried it with the out of the box Professional theme, which brought the editor up {but has a pretty messed up navigation toolbar and a whole bunch of nonsense at the bottom, too:

Text Formatted Code

"[staticpage_content:]InformationInformation[staticpage_content: id alternate title] - Displays the contents of a staticpage., [staticpage:]InformationInformation[staticpage: id alternate title] - Displays a link to a static page using the static page title as the title. An alternate title may be specified but is not required., [link:]InformationInformation[link: id alternate title] - Displays a link to a Link from the Links Plugin using the Link Title as the title. An alternate title may be specified but is not required., [poll_vote:]InformationInformation[poll_vote: id class:poll-autotag showall:1] - Displays a poll for voting. Class and showall not required. Class specifies the css class and Showall if set to 1, shows all questions, [poll_result:]InformationInformation[poll_result: id class:poll-autotag] - Displays the poll results. Class not required. Class specifies the css class., [poll:]InformationInformation[poll: id alternate title] - Displays a link to a poll using the Poll Topic as the title. An alternate title may be specified but is not required., [event:]InformationInformation[event: id alternate title] - Displays a link to an Event Link from the Calendar using the Event Title as the title. An alternate title may be specified but is not required., [youtube:], [story:]InformationInformation[story: id alternate title] - Displays a link to a Story using the Story Title as the title. An alternate title may be specified but is not required., [user:]InformationInformation[user: id alternate title] - Displays a link to a User using the Username as the title. An alternate title may be specified but is not required."

2) Thanks for the links...I'll go look there for clues. (And, if you see where it's messed up, specifically, that'd be great to know. But http://www.geeklog.net/docs/english/theme.html#changes is a helpful reference, and I'll get it, eventually.)

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Make sure you clear your browser cache. Also make sure you are logging in as a root user (like Admin) before testing the story editior again.

I fixed your message since the text you had pasted makes use of autotags. The text you are seeing at the bottom deals with the html and autotags that are allowed. They should actually be tooltips. These tooltips use css which obviously either hasn't been loaded or are in conflict with other classes.

Tom
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

dbsmall

Anonymous
happy
Hey, thanks for all the tips! I'd kept up with a lot of the cosmetic stuff.

What had done me in was that I hadn't built a functions.php (and everything it touches----blockheader*, etc.)

For now, just copied from professional, and much is better...still more updating to do, but folks experiencing the same problem can look at *.php in the layout for the theme.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:39 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content