Welcome to Geeklog Monday, October 23 2017 @ 04:56 pm EDT


Status: offline

ishmot

Forum User
Junior
Registered: 29/09/2006
Posts: 34
I am getting the "There was a problem reading this feed (see error.log for details)" error on my site for which I have tried to setup an rss feed. Here is the feed that I am calling up:

http://crazyscrapper.com/crazyblog/backend/crazyrasband.rss

This is the error message in my error log:

Tue 28 Jun 2011 21:48:25 GMT+6 - Unable to aquire feed reader for http://www.crazyscrapper.com/crazyblog/backend/crazyrasband.rss
Tue 28 Jun 2011 21:48:25 GMT+6 - Unable to parse XML Error Code: 4 Error Message: not well-formed (invalid token)

It appears to me that the rss feed is not being formatted properly. Any idea what would cause that?

Thanks,

Jared


Status: offline

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 12/01/2002
Posts: 13073
Location:Stuttgart, Germany
Works for me (right now, using Geeklog 1.8.0).

Did anything change in the feed since you posted? Which Geeklog version are you on?

bye, Dirk

Status: offline

ishmot

Forum User
Junior
Registered: 29/09/2006
Posts: 34
Quote by: Dirk

Did anything change in the feed since you posted?



The feed seems to be updating after each post.

Quote by: Dirk

Which Geeklog version are you on?



I was using an older version and it wasn't working but just upgraded to 1.8.0 and it still does not work.

Thanks,

Jared

Status: offline

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 27/09/2005
Posts: 1232
I can see your feed fine but my browser does not recognize it as a feed as it does on my own sites. Could this be a web server issue?

Do you see anything when you visit your rss feed through your internet browser?

Tom
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

Status: offline

ishmot

Forum User
Junior
Registered: 29/09/2006
Posts: 34
Yup, I see the same thing..... Code that the browser doesn't recognize as a feed. I have other geeklog installation feeds on the same server that work fine.


Status: offline

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 27/09/2005
Posts: 1232
So do you have the Mime Type setup properly?

Try moving your rss file to another website that you know works properly with rss files. If you can view it on their you then know it is a setup issue with the web server. If you can't then we know it is something else.

Tom
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

Status: offline

ishmot

Forum User
Junior
Registered: 29/09/2006
Posts: 34
Quote by: Laugh

So do you have the Mime Type setup properly?



By this do you mean "Portal Block, PHP Block, or Normal Block"? I have it set as a "Portal Block". Where else would I set the Mime Type?


Quote by: Laugh


Try moving your rss file to another website that you know works properly with rss files. If you can view it on their you then know it is a setup issue with the web server. If you can't then we know it is something else.
Tom



I have the same feed called up on this website:

http://www.larsenfamily.com/momsblog/

Which also has a similar type of feed from a similar geeklog installation working just fine. See the two blocks on the right. "Crazyscrapper" (the geeklog feed that isn't working) and "Spaceytalk" (geeklog feed that is working).

The same can be seen from this geeklog installation:

http://www.rasbandfamily.net/

See the blocks on the right.

All these feeds and websites are setup on the same hosting account.

I don't understand how feeds from the crazyscrapper site just do not seem to work. That site is currently 1.6.1. I suppose I should upgrade it and see if that fixes the problem. But it is strange that it creates the feed but something seems to be wrong with the formatting of the feed.

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:56 pm.

  • Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content