Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 10:25 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Change URL for stories

alb3rt

Forum User
Regular Poster
I like to change the URL for the articles, for example www.site/section/subsection/article (I use rewrite with apache), but I need to add a few lines in lib-story.php, for example:

Text Formatted Code
        $customUrl = custom_STORY_LINK($story->DisplayElements('tid'));

And my function creates the URL that I want.

This work very well, but the problem is when I upgrade a new version, I always need to change lib-story.php again, I would like to use only lib-custom.php, but I can't get the "ID story" for the "home".

If I could get the ID for each story in lib-custom.php, I could add my customURL in CUSTOM_templateSetVars ()

Any ideas?

Thanks!

D Web Studio - www.d-webstudio.net

beewee

Forum User
But the url in the search function will still be the old one, am I correct? So you have to change something there as well.

Since the stories are part of the core code, you'll need to edit your changes with every update. If you make a readme file it's only a few minutes work, right?
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Not sure if this would work, but I would look into abusing/reusing Geeklog's url rewrite class for that. That way, every other place in Geeklog, e.g. the search, would automatically be using your new URLs.

bye, Dirk

alb3rt

Forum User
Regular Poster
Yeah, in search function shows the old url, It's other problem. Anyway I'll try with the rewrite class as said Dirk.

Quote by: beewee

But the url in the search function will still be the old one, am I correct? So you have to change something there as well.

Since the stories are part of the core code, you'll need to edit your changes with every update. If you make a readme file it's only a few minutes work, right?

D Web Studio - www.d-webstudio.net

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:25 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content