Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, March 18 2024 @ 10:44 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Why I like the Geeklog?

uyghurmen

Forum User
Chatty
I liked geeklog because geeklog Forum and front page together. Forum topics, posts shown on front page. I tryed many open source CMS, everyone have some excellence, also have some vulnerability way. geeklog excellence is Forum and front page organic get together.
Unfortunately, nobody know how to change direction forum text RTL. even moderator, very strange thing.
If some body give some clue which and which files make change how? solve this problem geeklog absolutely good one.

1000ideen

Forum User
The person who programmed the forum plugin is no longer developing it. So there is no easy way to change things. Also the date and time needs changes.

Yes, the integration of the forum into Geeklog is great. You can also integrate a wiki or gallery.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
You could try contacting LWC for an anwser to your problem. He offers Geeklog specific solutions for multilinguality/Hebrew (which I believe is RTL)

You can contact him from this page.

Tom
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

uyghurmen

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by: Laugh

You could try contacting LWC for an anwser to your problem. He offers Geeklog specific solutions for multilinguality/Hebrew (which I believe is RTL)

You can contact him from this page.

Tom

Nothing here, and LWC already left this forum long time ago, so he never answer messages.

LWC

Forum User
I usually log in to the tracker and not to the main site. The PM plugin doesn't send notifications, so I've missed your PM.

I've once made an unofficial version but never continued it due to the backlash (it wasn't adapted by the official version either). My version allowed admins to set the direction for categories/forums/topics regardless of the main site's direction. Is this what you want?

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
LWC

We recently added the Forum to the Geeklog Bugtracker (check under projects). A new version of the forum will have to be released for Geeklog 1.8.0 to support the tooltips so if you want to submit a patch (or the files with the code changes from the latest version of the fourm since I don't think a repository has been setup yet) you can go ahead and I will include it if it works without problems (I know it may be some work to create the update since your topic is from 2006).

Tom

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The repository for "our" version of the forum plugin is here: http://project.geeklog.net/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/forum/

bye, Dirk

LWC

Forum User
How about adding other projects as well (e.g. Chatterblock and Filemgmt)? Smile

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
http://project.geeklog.net/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/filemgmt/

But I have no real intention to support those for longer than necessary. The forum had security issues that had to be addressed and file management is used here on geeklog.net. I happily leave chatterblock to someone else ...

bye, Dirk

uyghurmen

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by: LWC

I usually log in to the tracker and not to the main site. The PM plugin doesn't send notifications, so I've missed your PM.

I've once made an unofficial version but never continued it due to the backlash (it wasn't adapted by the official version either). My version allowed admins to set the direction for categories/forums/topics regardless of the main site's direction. Is this what you want?

I want Forum direction change to RTL thatis it. Main site I did, but only forum direction.
Thanks

LWC

Forum User

I meant the bug tracker. There's no Filemgmt there.

Quote by: uyghurmen

I want Forum direction change to RTL thatis it. Main site I did, but only forum direction.

Not sure what you mean. Isn't my solution enough?

uyghurmen

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by: LWC

I meant the bug tracker. There's no Filemgmt there.

Not sure what you mean. Isn't my solution enough?

Where your solution about forum direction? How to do? Which file? which directory? do what?

Roccivic

Forum User
The solution is here: http://lior.weissbrod.com/filemgmt/visit.php?lid=30

Although, in fairness, I was unable to install it due to some weird SQL error...

Rouslan

uyghurmen

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by: Roccivic

Although, in fairness, I was unable to install it due to some weird SQL error...

Rouslan

Didn't open , this is the message:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /filemgmt_data/files/forum_3_0_2-1_4_0.zip on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Roccivic

Forum User

Quote by: Roccivic

Rouslan

Didn't open , this is the message:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /filemgmt_data/files/forum_3_0_2-1_4_0.zip on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Works for me...

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
i get an Apache Forbidden Access message as well when I try to download the file.

::Ben

Forum User
Didn't open

Try right click, Save as

or http://lior.weissbrod.com/filemgmt/index/30

I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

uyghurmen

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by: cordiste

Didn't open

Try right click, Save as

or http://lior.weissbrod.com/filemgmt/index/30

Opened, but it is Hebrew page. What you mean?

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:44 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content