Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:51 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Permission denied error message in FCK Editor

Missy

Anonymous
I just installed Geeklog using Fantastico at my web host. Everything is fine but I can't upload images to FCK Editor. I keep getting an error message-- can't create username/public_html/path/to/images folder; permission denied. What can I do?

Roccivic

Forum User
Quote by: Missy

What can I do?

You can change the permissions of the folder to which you are trying to upload to make it writable.
If you have SSH access to the webserver, you can use it to change these permissions.
Otherwise you might be able to change them from your control panel, or maybe just ask your ISP to change them for you.

Rouslan

Thanks

Anonymous
Quote by: Roccivic

Quote by: Missy

What can I do?

You can change the permissions of the folder to which you are trying to upload to make it writable.
If you have SSH access to the webserver, you can use it to change these permissions.
Otherwise you might be able to change them from your control panel, or maybe just ask your ISP to change them for you.

Rouslan

Hi! I think I can do that with my FTP client. What number would I set the folders to in order to make it writable?

Thanks in advance. Smile

Missy

Anonymous
Eh, never mind... got it to work. Thanks once again! :wink:

1000ideen

Forum User
You could also take Geeklog`s way to upload pictures in Stories. That should work.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:51 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content