Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 03:22 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

PayPal plugins Install problem

uyghurmen

Forum User
Chatty
I installed PayPal, but not useble. For example: I can't upload my product image for sale. and paypal button also not active, not linked anywhere. click it like dead.
May be it's some uncomplate phonemone, or I am not know something?

Somebody help me that?

::Ben

Forum User
Hi,

To be compatible with auto upgrade (by uploading the plugin archive) in the future and with Multi plugin, the “products” and “cache” folders where the paypal plugin stores product images is now under public_html/images/site1/paypal/ folder.

You can set in the config the name of the “site1” folder.

Your public_html/images/site1/paypal/products/ and public_html/images/site1/paypal/cache/ folders must be writable to upload images.

See wiki

Can you give me link to see whats going wrong with your paypal button?

Thanks,

I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

uyghurmen

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by: cordiste

Hi,

To be compatible with auto upgrade (by uploading the plugin archive) in the future and with Multi plugin, the “products” and “cache” folders where the paypal plugin stores product images is now under public_html/images/site1/paypal/ folder.

You can set in the config the name of the “site1” folder.

Your public_html/images/site1/paypal/products/ and public_html/images/site1/paypal/cache/ folders must be writable to upload images.

See wiki

Can you give me link to see whats going wrong with your paypal button?

Thanks,

Sorry, because PayPal not working, I deleted. Right now I want try to upload trough Admin>Plugins/ browser unfortunately many time failed. what is the problem I don't know. After Upload shown message said: The plugin was successfully installed! But in reality not. Nothing shown on.
(Not shown "Install" link.)
And I check backend Control Panel file directory, PayPal Uploaded there! But din't shown "Insatall" link in Admin>Plugins, how to Install that? Maybe do something manually? Can you tell me if need to maul do something, step by step?
Thanks

Forum User
From the wiki:

* Backup your Geeklog database because the paypal plugin adds tables. You can do this with the built in database backup facility in the Admin menu.
* Uncompress the paypal plugin archive while in the path-to-geeklog/plugins directory. The archive will create a directory called paypal.
* Under your <public_html> directory, create a directory called paypal.
* Under <public_html>/admin/plugins/ directory, create a directory called paypal.
* Change to your path-to-geeklog/plugins/paypal directory.
* Copy the files in the admin directory to the admin/plugins/paypal directory you created in step 4.
* Copy the files in the public_html directory to the public_html/paypal directory you created in step 3.
* Under <public_html>/images/ directory, create a directory called site1.
* Under <public_html>/images/site1/ directory, create a directory called paypal.
* Under <public_html>/images/site1/paypal directory, create a directory called products.
* Under <public_html>/images/site1/paypal directory, create a directory called cache.
* Go to the plugin administration page. The paypal plugin should show up with a link to install it. Click this link. The install page will tell you if it was successful or not. If not, examine the Geeklog error.log in path-to-geeklog/logs/ to see what the problem was. Fix the problem and re-install.

uyghurmen

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by: cordiste

From the wiki:

* Backup your Geeklog database because the paypal plugin adds tables. You can do this with the built in database backup facility in the Admin menu.
* Uncompress the paypal plugin archive while in the path-to-geeklog/plugins directory. The archive will create a directory called paypal.
* Under your <public_html> directory, create a directory called paypal.
* Under <public_html>/admin/plugins/ directory, create a directory called paypal.
* Change to your path-to-geeklog/plugins/paypal directory.
* Copy the files in the admin directory to the admin/plugins/paypal directory you created in step 4.
* Copy the files in the public_html directory to the public_html/paypal directory you created in step 3.
* Under <public_html>/images/ directory, create a directory called site1.
* Under <public_html>/images/site1/ directory, create a directory called paypal.
* Under <public_html>/images/site1/paypal directory, create a directory called products.
* Under <public_html>/images/site1/paypal directory, create a directory called cache.
* Go to the plugin administration page. The paypal plugin should show up with a link to install it. Click this link. The install page will tell you if it was successful or not. If not, examine the Geeklog error.log in path-to-geeklog/logs/ to see what the problem was. Fix the problem and re-install.

Very very sorry, Sir.
I'm confusing again, because, I still trying step. So geeklog didn't install the main directory (root or www), sub directory. Like that: www.eynek.biz under that installed Mambo page, www.eynek.biz/Sinaq is geeklog page. (/Sinaq is my geeklog installed directory) So I'm confusing.
If you want explain to me my way I will happy alot, if not want to do, I also appreciate to you.
Sincerely

Forum User
Hi,

path-to-geeklog/plugins is where the other plugins are store (staticpage, calendar...) outside the web root
and www.eynek.biz/sinaq is your <public_html>

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:22 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content