Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 09:15 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Cant login to admin panel!

Uros

Anonymous
angry
I have really sick problem. :banghead: Geeklog version = 1.7.1sr1. Problem: After installation i changed admin username and password, change some settings on site and logout. Nex day when i tried to login,sess_id is created for me in database... whit my uid and password,but i cant go to admin panel. But geeklog register my user name i Who is online block. BUT when i log in from hide my ass [web proxy] everthing i OK(i can access to admin panet)! :shock: Again BUT, when i login from some web proxy no sess_id in data base. Any ideas? srry for my engl.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
When a user shows up in the Who's Online block, then that only means that a session was created for the user. As you already found out, this does not mean that the user has actually successfully logged in ...

You seem to be saying that you are using two different web proxies? And it works with one of them but not the other? If so, check that the one where it doesn't work isn't filtering cookies. Most of the time, login problems come down to problems with the cookies, one way or another.

See this this FAQ article for some more common causes.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:15 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content