Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 16 2024 @ 04:44 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Display username on site

smgizmos

Anonymous
Which file should I edit if I want to display the username on the site? Maybe at the top right hand side of the site.

Thanks.

ironmax

Anonymous
What is it that you are trying to accomplish? Displaying the currently logged in user of the person that is logged in on their own browser. Or are you trying to display all users?

Michael

suprsidr

Forum User
Text Formatted Code
<?= $_USER['username'] ?>

-s
FlashYourWeb and Your Gallery with the E2 XML Media Player for Gallery2 - http://www.flashyourweb.com

smgizmos

Anonymous
Thanks for the reply guys . I was trying to display the currently logged in user of the person that is logged in on their own browser. Managed to solve it by adding the welcome text to the header file.

Also is there an easy way to add captcha for the site. A short tutorial which might have steps I can run through.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: smgizmos

Also is there an easy way to add captcha for the site. A short tutorial which might have steps I can run through.

There's a CAPTCHA plugin - search the Downloads area. You've been using it when you made your posts here on the forum, since you aren't logged in.

bye, Dirk

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: suprsidr

Text Formatted Code
<?= $_USER['username'] ?>

Btw, a somewhat nicer way would be to call COM_getDisplayName(), since that function would also figure out whether to display the short username or the real name, according to the current settings.

bye, Dirk

smgizmos

Anonymous
Thanks for all the help!

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:44 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content