Welcome to Geeklog Tuesday, July 23 2019 @ 03:42 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

An SQL error has occurred. Please see error.log


Status: offline

hansf

Forum User
Newbie
Registered: 15/11/10
Posts: 5
confused
I inherited a site that was running Geeklog 1.4.0sr2 and I am trying to upgrade to 1.7.1. I get through all phases of upgrading the database but end up with the following message:

Fatal error: An SQL error has occurred. Please see error.log for details. in /Volumes/Storage/web/foulger.clemson.edu/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 260

If I look in the error log I see the following:

Mon Nov 15 11:13:11 2010 - 1054: Unknown column 'created' in 'field list'. SQL in question: SELECT sp_id,sp_title,sp_content,sp_format,created,modified,sp_hits,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon,sp_php,sp_inblock,sp_help FROM gl_staticpage WHERE (sp_centerblock = 1) AND (draft_flag = 0) AND (template_flag = 0) AND (sp_where = 0) AND ((sp_tid = 'none'Wink OR (sp_tid = 'all'Wink) AND (perm_anon >= 2) ORDER BY sp_id

I am an occasional unix user and would rate myself capable enough to be dangerous. I ran through all the mysql admin check and repairing issues and believe the problem is somewhere in the static page table with regard to the staticpage plugin.

Any help would be appreciated.

hans

Status: offline

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 27/09/05
Posts: 1356
Hmm, It looks like your staticpage plugin didn't upgrade its database table correctly. The staticpage plugin now has a "created" and "modified" date fields instead of just "sp_date".

What version of the staticpage plugin does it say you are running? (check Plugins under Admin Only block).

To fix this I will probably also need a list of the table columns for your staticpage table in your Geeklog database.

Tom
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

Status: offline

hansf

Forum User
Newbie
Registered: 15/11/10
Posts: 5

Tom,

Thanks for the reply and interest. I am using

staticpages plugin: 1.4.2 geeklog: 1.4.0

If you tell me what mysql command I should use I'll copy in the output from mysql.

Thanks,
hans

Status: offline

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 27/09/05
Posts: 1356
In plugins try disabling the staticpage plugin and then try the upgrade and let me know what happens.

Tom
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

Status: offline

hansf

Forum User
Newbie
Registered: 15/11/10
Posts: 5
here is the column info from gl_staticpage:


mysql> show columns from gl_staticpage;
+----------------+-----------------------+------+-----+---------------------+-------+
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+----------------+-----------------------+------+-----+---------------------+-------+
| sp_id | varchar(40) | | PRI | | |
| sp_uid | mediumint(8) | | MUL | 1 | |
| sp_title | varchar(128) | | | | |
| sp_content | text | | | | |
| sp_hits | mediumint(8) unsigned | | | 0 | |
| sp_date | datetime | | MUL | 0000-00-00 00:00:00 | |
| sp_format | varchar(20) | | | | |
| sp_onmenu | tinyint(1) unsigned | | MUL | 0 | |
| sp_label | varchar(64) | YES | | NULL | |
| commentcode | tinyint(4) | | | 0 | |
| group_id | mediumint(8) unsigned | | | 1 | |
| owner_id | mediumint(8) unsigned | | | 1 | |
| perm_owner | tinyint(1) unsigned | | | 3 | |
| perm_group | tinyint(1) unsigned | | | 2 | |
| perm_members | tinyint(1) unsigned | | | 2 | |
| perm_anon | tinyint(1) unsigned | | | 2 | |
| sp_centerblock | tinyint(1) unsigned | | MUL | 0 | |
| sp_help | varchar(255) | YES | | | |
| sp_tid | varchar(20) | | MUL | none | |
| sp_where | tinyint(1) unsigned | | MUL | 1 | |
| sp_php | tinyint(1) unsigned | | | 0 | |
| sp_nf | tinyint(1) unsigned | YES | | 0 | |
| sp_inblock | tinyint(1) unsigned | YES | | 1 | |
| postmode | varchar(16) | | | html | |
+----------------+-----------------------+------+-----+---------------------+-------+
24 rows in set (0.00 sec)


as to turing off the staticpage plugin...how do i do this?

Thanks for your help,
hans

Status: offline

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 27/09/05
Posts: 1356
To disable a plugin, goto the Admin Only block and then click plugins. A list of plugins will come up. I can't recall if Geeklog 1.4.0 has an enable checkbox in the list but if it isn't there you can click on the edit icon for the plugin and disable it (not uninstall) from that point.

I will take a look at the install script for the staticpage plugin and get back to you with anything I find.
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

Status: offline

hansf

Forum User
Newbie
Registered: 15/11/10
Posts: 5
I can't get the 1.4.0 site to run anymore so that is out. I tried just dropping the staticpage table to no avail. I am at a loss. Can I manually run the database through a script to convert it? Obviously the automated updating from 1.4.0 to 1.7.1 does not work very well. Any suggestions would be appreciated..this is getting serious.I cant get the site running even to get to the configuration to turn the plugin off. Help.

hans

Status: offline

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 12/01/02
Posts: 13073
Location:Stuttgart, Germany
Here's an alternate description for disabling a plugin: http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Disabling_a_plugin

HTH

bye, Dirk

Status: offline

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 27/09/05
Posts: 1356
From the table you show it looks like your staticpage plugin was updated to at least version 1.5.0 and possibly version 1.5.1 (there were no table changes in 1.5.1). Looking over the code I don't see anything that should have prevented a further upgrade to the latest staticpage version.

For me to figure this out I will need to see more of the DB. Why don't you send me a private email.

Tom
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:42 pm.

  • Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content