Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 04:55 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

1.4.0sr5-1 upgrade path to 1.7.1

kkbass

Anonymous
confused
I picked up a 1.4.0sr5-1 site that has active users, just not an active admin..... What is my upgrade path for it, and the plugins:

forum 2.3 (this one seems to be broken anyways, none of the posts open anymore....would be nice to fix this as well)
http_referer 1.1
links 1.0
polls 1.0
spamx 1.0.3
staticpages 1.4.2
It looks like there is an old version of catchpa installed as well, but it doesn't show up in plugins so I don't know where it is at....
I have a feeling some of this stuff was bindertwined together, and not at all "by the documentation"...

Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You can simply download the 1.7.1 tarball and upgrade in one step. The Links, Polls, Spam-X and Static Pages plugins come bundled with Geeklog and will be updated in the process.

I would disable the other plugins before the upgrade and then re-enable them afterwards one by one to see if any of them causes problems. For the Forum plugin, there's a newer version (2.7.3) in our downloads area.

Note that if you're using a custom theme, then that theme will have to be updated. I'd suggest switching to the included Professional theme for the upgrade process.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:55 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content