Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 07:10 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Comment form under article

wteening

Forum User
Hello there, can someone create an article.php with the comment form underneath the topic or the last reply? It's very difficult for people to comment on something without seeing the original story/comment.

n4th4n

Forum User
Chatty
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this feedback, but this was the closest post I could find to one of my pet peeves about geeklog. Its very often that I search for something and get a mess of results which are all relevant, but they are all comments to an original story which isn't in the list of results (the original story may be so far in the past that it may be on another page of results if there are a lot of comments). Clicking on one of these results builds a page with comments.php but that page has no link to the original story (like you will see on forum posts).

It would be great if there was a link to the original story at the top of that page so you could read all comments in context if you wanted to. Or am I missing something?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: n4th4n

Clicking on one of these results builds a page with comments.php but that page has no link to the original story

It does have a link, it's just not very obvious. Try clicking on the title on the top of the page, above the bar with the Post Reply button.

Like, say here, click on the top "More good reasons to come to FrOSCon" title (not the comment's title).

bye, Dirk

n4th4n

Forum User
Chatty
HAHA! I've been using Geeklog for what? 6 years? Its obviously been in there for a while since my 1.5.1 installation here at work has it as well. Maybe that title should be styled as a more obvious link? Thanks, Dirk.

wteening

Anonymous
cheerful
Thanks for the quick reply! :wink:

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:10 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content