Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 04:58 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Include an html or php page within a story page

MrG

Anonymous
Just wondering if it is possible to use the <?php include .... statement to include an existing html or php page within a "story" page? Can't seem to make it work. I add it as source code, but it sees it just as text.

I have a new install of Geeklog, v1.7.0 and have html and php functions enabled within the admin. Don't know if this is possible or would the staticpage plugin function work for this, and if it would, I don't know how to use the [staticpage:] function, so it refers to the correct file.

Thanks.

beewee

Forum User
You can't use php in a story. But you can include a static page with the autotag [ staticpage_content: pageid ] (remove the whitespaces).
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

MrG

Anonymous
That works, I just tried it, but it doesn't do what I needed it to do for my application. I wanted to include an existing html page from my old site that has a javascript script running in it.

Thanks for your help understanding how to properly use the staticpage plugin. It'll come in handy.

Rich

MrG

Anonymous
I just tried an iFrame in a story page (source mode) by allowing html code for the root in the "Configuration - Misc" admin section, and it worked perfectly. Just what I needed as the admin. I didn't allow this for normal users, just the admin.

Just thought I'd mention this in the event anyone else is trying to do the same with existing html pages. Makes recreating some aspects of the old site so much easier.

Rich

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:58 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content