Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 02:21 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Static pages in articles

Pushkar

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hello! Could it possible to show static pages under content of articles of some topics?
For example I need to add block of last topic articles after story content

suprsidr

Forum User
I've been known to use the same method Chris describes in this article to pull content from other pages into my articles.

-s
FlashYourWeb and Your Gallery with the E2 XML Media Player for Gallery2 - http://www.flashyourweb.com

jmucchiello

Forum User
(I'm writing this without access to the source code so the details might be a bit off.)

Add a variable to your article templates: {extracontent}
In lib-custom, override CUSTOM_setTemplateVars($type, $template)
Text Formatted Code

function CUSTOM_setTemplateVars($type, $template)
{
   global $_TABLES;
   if ($type != 'article') return;
   $topic = DB_getItem($_TABLES['stories'], 'topic', "sid = '". $template->get_var('sid') ."'");
   if ($topic != 'the right topic') return;
   $extra = staticpage_generatepage('pageid'); // there are a few parameters here
   $template->set_var('extracontent', $extra);
}

Pushkar

Forum User
Regular Poster
I added this function to lib-custom
Text Formatted Code

function CUSTOM_setTemplateVars($type, $template)
{
   global $_TABLES;
   $topic = DB_getItem($_TABLES['stories'], 'topic', "sid = '". $template->get_var('sid') ."'");
   if ($topic != 'the right topic') return;
   $extra = staticpage_generatepage('pageid'); // there are a few parameters here
}

and this {extracontent} I added to article.thtml but nothing changed Frown

jmucchiello

Forum User
I told you I was posting without access to the code and so some things may not be accurate. The function should be called CUSTOM_templatesetvars. Also the $type will be "featuredstorytext", "archivestorytext" or "storytext" and not "article" as I presumed.

You need to change the strings 'the right topic' and 'pageid' to the actual values needed for your install.

I have access to the Geeklog sources now so here is an updated function. But you still have to fill in a few details: the topic_id and the staticpage_id
Text Formatted Code

function CUSTOM_templatesetvars($type, $template)
{
   global $_TABLES;
   if ($type != 'featuredstorytext' && $type != 'archivestorytext' && $type != 'storytext') return;
   $topic = DB_getItem($_TABLES['stories'], 'tid', "sid = '". $template->get_var('story_id') ."'");
   if ($topic != 'the right topic') return; // you have to put the tid of the topic you want here
   $extra = SP_returnStaticpage('pageid'); // there are a few parameters here
}

AND you need to put the {extracontent} into the storytext.thtml (and featuredstorytext.thtml and archivestorytext.thtml). That will ensure it is displayed with every appearance of the story.

Pushkar

Forum User
Regular Poster
it is works but there some problems:
1) It displays the contents of the entire page, but I need to display only the content of static page
2) how to make this code work in article.thtml? because when I put {extracontent} in storytext.thtml it is displaying in preview of each story, but I need only in full text of story

thanks

Quote by: jmucchiello

I told you I was posting without access to the code and so some things may not be accurate. The function should be called CUSTOM_templatesetvars. Also the $type will be "featuredstorytext", "archivestorytext" or "storytext" and not "article" as I presumed.

You need to change the strings 'the right topic' and 'pageid' to the actual values needed for your install.

I have access to the Geeklog sources now so here is an updated function. But you still have to fill in a few details: the topic_id and the staticpage_id

Text Formatted Code

{
   global $_TABLES;
   if ($type != 'featuredstorytext' && $type != 'archivestorytext' && $type != 'storytext') return;
   $topic = DB_getItem($_TABLES['stories'], 'tid', "sid = '". $template->get_var('story_id') ."'");
   if ($topic != 'the right topic') return; // you have to put the tid of the topic you want here
}

AND you need to put the {extracontent} into the storytext.thtml (and featuredstorytext.thtml and archivestorytext.thtml). That will ensure it is displayed with every appearance of the story.

jmucchiello

Forum User
1) add a second parameter to SP_returnStaticpage('pageid', 'autotag'Wink. I think that will work but I'm not 100% sure.
2) Put {extracontent} in the article.thtml and change the 2nd line of the function back to
if ( $type != 'article' ) return;

Quote by: Pushkar

it is works but there some problems:
1) It displays the contents of the entire page, but I need to display only the content of static page
2) how to make this code work in article.thtml? because when I put {extracontent} in storytext.thtml it is displaying in preview of each story, but I need only in full text of story

thanks

With the changes above:
Text Formatted Code

{
   global $_TABLES;
   $extra = SP_returnStaticpage('pageid', 'autotag'); // there are a few parameters here
}

Pushkar

Forum User
Regular Poster
Cry Cry Cry
anything changes are here and still not working in atricle.thtml Cry

there is my code:
Text Formatted Code

{
   global $_TABLES;
   if ($type != 'article' && $type != 'storytext') return;
   if ($topic != 'humor') return; // you have to put the tid of the topic you want here
   $extra = SP_returnStaticpage('20080627113900520', 'staticpage_content'); // there are a few parameters here
}

1) add a second parameter to SP_returnStaticpage('pageid', 'autotag'Wink. I think that will work but I'm not 100% sure.
2) Put {extracontent} in the article.thtml and change the 2nd line of the function back to
if ( $type != 'article' ) return;

Text Formatted Code

{
   global $_TABLES;
   $extra = SP_returnStaticpage('pageid', 'autotag'); // there are a few parameters here
}

jmucchiello

Forum User
Apparently I'm hallucinating. I thought there was a call to PLG_templatesetvars() in article.php. There isn't. You could add one, but then you would have to add it everytime you upgrade. You could put in a feature request and hope they add it. Or we can go back to the older code and add another check:

Here you have to add {extracontent} back into featuredstorytext.thtml and storytext.thtml and archivestorytext.thtml. In theory, the "story_display" value is set to article when the story is rendered from article.php. But again, I'm not 100% sure.
Text Formatted Code

{
   global $_TABLES;
   if ($template->get_var('story_display') != 'article') return;
}

Pushkar

Forum User
Regular Poster
yes! it is displaying only in full story text
but still show all page of statispage but not static page content

Apparently I'm hallucinating. I thought there was a call to PLG_templatesetvars() in article.php. There isn't. You could add one, but then you would have to add it everytime you upgrade. You could put in a feature request and hope they add it. Or we can go back to the older code and add another check:

Here you have to add {extracontent} back into featuredstorytext.thtml and storytext.thtml and archivestorytext.thtml. In theory, the "story_display" value is set to article when the story is rendered from article.php. But again, I'm not 100% sure.

Text Formatted Code

{
   global $_TABLES;
   if ($template->get_var('story_display') != 'article') return;
}

Pushkar

Forum User
Regular Poster
jmucchiello, can you help me?

jmucchiello

Forum User
I think you need to add 'autotag' as shown here, but again, I'm away from the code:
Text Formatted Code

$extra = SP_returnStaticpage('pageid','autotag'); // there are a few parameters here
}

Pushkar

Forum User
Regular Poster
Frown Frown Frown still displaying all page
I put the name of my autotag [staticpage_content:] instead "autotag"

I think you need to add 'autotag' as shown here, but again, I'm away from the code:

Text Formatted Code

$extra = SP_returnStaticpage('pageid','autotag'); // there are a few parameters here
}

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:21 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content