Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 01:09 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

FCKEditor disabled when save usersettings

koalasoft

Forum User
Hi to all !!

When attempt to change in the configurations " Mi cuenta" the time for automatic reminder, when keeping the FCKEditor is deactivated, even having in configurations TRUE.

The anonymous users and new users " without modifying its data in (my account) " they if they can use the FCKeditor.

What will be the problem??.
That there is to do so that returns to have the FCKeditor in my user?

My GK: 1.7

Grettings !! Mr. Green
**Cuando el Alumno esta listo, el Maestro Aparece **
::Geeklog support in Spanish::

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Is this on Geeklog 1.7.0? If so, make sure you've updated your theme. There's a new option in My Account that lets users enable or disable the Advanced Editor.

bye, Dirk

koalasoft

Forum User
Update all to theme and working .. but .. one little problem in section plugin ..

I do not see module for upload plugins in section plugins ... whare activate this module ?

Grettings !!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: koalasoft

I do not see module for upload plugins in section plugins ... whare activate this module ?

The plugins, public_html, and public_html/admin/plugins directories have to be writable. Otherwise, that option doesn't show up.

bye, Dirk

koalasoft

Forum User
Quote by: Dirk

The plugins, public_html, and public_html/admin/plugins directories have to be writable. Otherwise, that option doesn't show up.

That permissions you recommend that they have these directories not to lose the security of the site? 754? , 644? another one?

Grettings !! Mr. Green

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Yeah, it's more convenient but slightly less secure. So try the minimum permissions you can get away with: Start with 755. If that doesn't work, try 775, then 777.

bye, Dirk

koalasoft

Forum User
HI!!

I try for permissions 755 and 777 but not viwe module .. look this image..
Text Formatted Code
http://yfrog.com/esnotvewuploadpluginsj

and I update theme professional in my theme..

Text Formatted Code
cp /public_html/layout/professional/admin/plugins/* /public_html/layout/mytheme/admin/plugins/

What this hapening ??

Grettings!! Mr. Green

Pushkar

Forum User
Regular Poster

Is this on Geeklog 1.7.0? If so, make sure you've updated your theme. There's a new option in My Account that lets users enable or disable the Advanced Editor.

bye, Dirk

I have the same problem/ I updated my theme refresh-f from 1.4.1 to 1.7.0. How to activate this new option in My Account that lets users enable or disable the Advanced Editor?

Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: Pushkar

I have the same problem/ I updated my theme refresh-f from 1.4.1 to 1.7.0. How to activate this new option in My Account that lets users enable or disable the Advanced Editor?

Did you enable Advanced Editor in the Configuration?

You need to enable it for the entire site first. The option for users will only show up then.

bye, Dirk

Pushkar

Forum User
Regular Poster
Did you enable Advanced Editor in the Configuration?

You need to enable it for the entire site first. The option for users will only show up then.

bye, Dirk[/p]

Yes it is enabled in the configuration but still not displaying

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

I try for permissions 755 and 777 but not viwe module .. look this image..

Hmm. Are file uploads through PHP allowed on your server? Geeklog is also checking the PHP "file_uploads" option. Check your PHP configuration, e.g. by doing a phpinfo().

Also, the current user needs plugin.install or plugin.upload permissions, but that should be the case for Root users.

bye, Dirk

Pushkar

Forum User
Regular Poster
but I noticed that after upgrading from 1.4.1 to 1.7.0 in Configuration, advanced editor has been switched off but in the publication of articles it appears.

1000ideen

Forum User
I also got problems with FCKeditor and a fresh install of GL 1.7.0. Even if I enable FCKed in the configuration it does not show up in the story editor. The wiki editor does, if enabled. I also don`t see JavaScript in the story editor only in "my account" settings.

koalasoft

Forum User

Hmm. Are file uploads through PHP allowed on your server? Geeklog is also checking the PHP "file_uploads" option. Check your PHP configuration, e.g. by doing a phpinfo().

Yes in my phpinfo is:
Text Formatted Code
file_uploads    On
upload_max_filesize     2M
upload_tmp_dir  /tmp

too in my theme professional not view this module to upload plugin. Rolling Eyes

Other idea ??

Gratings!! Mr. Green

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

too in my theme professional not view this module to upload plugin. Rolling Eyes

The plugin upload option didn't require any theme changes, actually, It really only depends on the three directories being writable, the file_uploads option, and the current user having plugin.install or plugin.upload permissions.

If all those are correct and it's still not working, then I'm out of ideas ...

bye, Dirk

gape

Forum User
Quote by: 1000ideen

I also got problems with FCKeditor and a fresh install of GL 1.7.0. Even if I enable FCKed in the configuration it does not show up in the story editor. The wiki editor does, if enabled. I also don`t see JavaScript in the story editor only in "my account" settings.

i have problem with advanced editor too
on a clean install of 1.7
it does not show up when adding story
even more, there is no call to adv. editor in page source:
Text Formatted Code
<!-- Load Advanced Editor -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.yyy/fckeditor/fckeditor.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    var geeklogEditorBaseUrl = 'http://www.yyy';
</script>
<!-- End of Editor Load -->

as i can see on one older 1.6.1 install with enabled advanced editor ...

furthermore,
story.php does not display any options (tabs),
* Editor
* Publish Options
* Images
* Archive Options
* Permissions
* Show All

just the default story editor ...

it is an utf-8 (multilanguage install)

further info here:
http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=90382&amp;lastpost=true#90403

1000ideen

Forum User
@ gape there is definitely a bug somewhere but you can work around with activating the advanced editor in "my account" too! That`s a new feature.

Nevertheless the JavaScript for the story editor should be working even if the advanced editor is off.

Can anybody explain to me why there is a new tick box in the "my account" section which does not only switch the default of the advanced editor but blocks it completely? To me this is not clear. Choosing the default would be o.k. but turning it off does not make sense.

gape

Forum User
Quote by: 1000ideen

@ gape there is definitely a bug somewhere but you can work around with activating the advanced editor in "my account" too! That`s a new feature.

Nevertheless the JavaScript for the story editor should be working even if the advanced editor is off.

Can anybody explain to me why there is a new tick box in the "my account" section which does not only switch the default of the advanced editor but blocks it completely? To me this is not clear. Choosing the default would be o.k. but turning it off does not make sense.

gr8
that did the trick
the editor shows and the tabs are there, but, if i turn off the editor in my prefs. they go away again Razz

enabling the advanced editor still did not fix the main problem - not recognized char from our alphabet, i cant even write it down couse it gets changed to ? anytime i do it ... even here on this geek install
is it multilingual? it must be utf

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:09 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content