Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 07:56 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

harnessing db-config.php

MARATco

Forum User
Hi,

I'm working to install geeklog-1.6.1 in the BulkRegister.com hosting environment.

When I get to the initial stage of installation via /admin/install/index.php the Wizard dumps me out with the "Unable to locate Geeklog files" message. I know where the file is and I have a good address, but the Wizard refuses to accept the location.

I know the address is good, because it brings up the proper file if I use it directly in a browser address bar.

Question 1. What could be my error in directing the Wizard to the db-config.php location?

I have attempted a number of variations and truncations, but the Wizard refuses all. I am suspecting that the resolution is correcting my ignorance or noting some factor related to the indirect hosting provided by BulkRegister. But I need advice or suggestions at this point.

I do not have access above the public html directory.

Question 2. Should I restrict acess to the re-named geeklog directory before I proceed with the install?

Thanks for any hints.

1000ideen

Forum User
1 - ask your hoster for the absolut path

2 - try protecting it at the very end of installation

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Yeah it sound like you are putting in the website url as the file path to the db-config.php.

Try what 1000ideen suggests and use he absolute path. That is the directory path on the harddrive as the server would see it. For example on a windows server it would be something like c:\inetpub\geeklogwebsite\db-config.php

Tom
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:56 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content