Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 10:07 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

template.class.php's lack of license

LWC

Forum User
I thought it might be better to ask it here instead of submitting a bug report. This file is unique in having no license inside it. It says inside it's an external file from PHP3. Does it mean it's a public domain? Can I use it freely (for any type of license) the same way Geeklog does?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The template library is part of PHPlib, which is released under the LGPL. So no license issue here, but I guess it should be made more clear in the documention and/or the file itself. So please go ahead and file a bug report.

bye, Dirk

LWC

Forum User
Is it http://sourceforge.net/projects/phplib/? If so, it calls it template.inc and uses a newer version yet an older date. Better make sure you use the latest version.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
PHPlib was dead for a long time. I was surprised to see that there seem to be people maintaining it again now.

In any case, our template class has had a lot of modifications since. Not sure if it's worth the effort of attempting to merge the two versions again ...

bye, Dirk

LWC

Forum User
If you knew which version (out of just three) you used as source, we could easily see what changed in order to see if it's worth an update.

In any case, keep in mind your modified version better keep the original LGPL v2 license. It's so old that the GPL faq only mentions v2.1 and up in their "what can and what can't be converted to what" matrix.

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:07 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content