Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 04:34 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Moving to a new host

Tinka Bell

Anonymous
happy
I have a 4.0 GL site has a custom registration page and design. First, I need to move the site to a new host under a different domain name and secondly, I need to update to the latest GL version.

I am not a coder. The original programmer is MIA and I need this move made ASAP. What are my options and is there a way to hire a GL expert on this site to handle to job for me?

Kind Regards
Tinka Bell

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
There's an FAQ entry about it here: Migrating a Geeklog site. Also, Geeklog now has a migration option that makes the move a little easier.

If you don't feel confident to do it yourself, there are also some folks for hire that would be happy to help you.

bye, Dirk

Tinka Bell

Anonymous
Thanks,

Unfortunately, the verbiage of the information provided is very intimidating for the non-programmer, non-coder, inexperience person. I have contact two of the individuals. Maybe, they will contact me if they deem the work worth while.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: Tinka Bell

Unfortunately, the verbiage of the information provided is very intimidating for the non-programmer, non-coder, inexperience person.

Yeah, I guess so. It also needs to be updated to mention the Migration option, which makes at least some of those steps a little easier.

Good luck with the move Smile

bye, Dirk

ironmax

Anonymous

Thanks,

Unfortunately, the verbiage of the information provided is very intimidating for the non-programmer, non-coder, inexperience person. I have contact two of the individuals. Maybe, they will contact me if they deem the work worth while.

Email received and replied, awaiting response.

Michael

Tinka Bell

Anonymous
Hi Michael,

I haven't received the email response from you.

ironmax

Anonymous

Hi Michael,

I haven't received the email response from you.

Email resent to new address provided

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:34 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content