Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 01:41 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

about the db-config.php

torchary

Anonymous
hello everybody,
when i installed the geeklog,i have problem, why i can't find the db-config.php file,and i create a text file named db-config.php,the sever says "Did you make sure the file is writable by the web server?" , i make the preportity 777, why can't write?somebody can tell me?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
When the install script can't find the db-config.php, it asks you to enter the path to that file. Don't create a new file - tell it where it can find it.

That's about all I can suggest at this point without more information. Did you move the db-config.php to another directory?

bye, Dirk

Torchary

Anonymous
i install geeklog in second level directory,likes www/geeklog. db-confing.php create by itself or not?

you says:"Did you move the db-config.php to another directory?"

but i cant find it.

btw, /path/to/db-config.php needn't modify?

think you.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It doesn't matter where you install Geeklog - in a subdirectory is fine. But the install script needs to find the db-config.php so that it can write the database information into it. There is a db-config.php in the Geeklog tarball and you should use that file, not create your own.

When the installer can't find the file, it will come up with the /path/to/db-config.php prompt that you mentioned. You need to enter the correct path now. Below that text entry box are some hints that should help you figure out the correct path to enter.

bye, Dirk

Torchary

Anonymous
Dir,
The important thing is , i could not find the file db-config.php,and where is it?
or the server can create by itself? or others?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
As I said, the file is in the Geeklog tarball. It should be in the same directory where the "plugins", "system", and "sql" directories are.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:41 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content