Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 05:22 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

How to change the blocks in certain admin sections only?

TennSeven

Forum User
Junior
I am having a hard time figuring out how to change the look of a few of my pages. I am using a custom theme that has a black background, but all of the story blocks, left blocks, etc. have white backgrounds with black text. This is working fine except when I go into certain administration pages, like "submissions", I am getting a black background with black text, which of course makes it pretty hard to read. I am just wondering how I can tell the submissions moderation page and a few others to use blocks with white backgrounds, while keeping everything else the same?

From looking through the code it looks like there is some mechanism I can use to do this, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out (I am still learning a lot of this stuff). Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

TennSeven

::Ben

Forum User
Could be a ccs issue (changes can be made in your the layout/yourtheme/style.css) or a hard coded color.

Can you provide us a link?

I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

TennSeven

Forum User
Junior
Ben:

Sure, my URL is www.technology-law-online.com. If you click on "Sign up as New User," that white box containing the instructions and the form is what I am trying to accomplish. After signing up as a new user, log in and click "My Account." Take a look at any of the tabs except "Preview" (e.g., "Username & Password," "About You," etc.) and you will see that they all have black text on black background. I want to change the black blocks to white blocks so they will look more like the homepage, or the page where you enter your username and password.

Forum User
After signing up as a new user, log in and click "My Account." Take a look at any of the tabs except "Preview" (e.g., "Username & Password," "About You," etc.) and you will see that they all have black text on black background.

Done. But text is black on grey background. Everything ok.

I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

TennSeven

Forum User
Junior
Yes, not too long after I posted the instructions, I did some more poking around and found that those blocks are "jsenabled_show" and "jsenabled_hide." A few changes to the stylesheet and they are fine for now.

I am still having similar issues in the administration menus. I am looking now I think for a block "ce_0" (adding a background color for this class in the regular style.css didn't change anything), but I don't think it should be too hard to track down.

Thank you again everyone for the excellent help.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:22 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content