Welcome to Geeklog Tuesday, December 07 2021 @ 09:33 pm EST

Geeklog Forums

Remove "Image Tab" from Story Editor

gdl

Forum User
Chatty
Hey Guys,

Since all my Geeklog installations include Gallery, and all registered users have a Gallery Album for uploading content, I don't want the "Images Tab" appearing in the Story Editor. It is confusing people on where to upload images and content. What is the easiest/best way to remove that Tab and functionality from the editor?

Thanks,

-gdl

suprsidr

Forum User
In fckeditor/myconfig.js you'll see arrays of buttons. You can actually totally customize which buttons you want and where.

Dan, did you see I'm finally adding gallery search results into geeklog searches?
8)

-s
FlashYourWeb and Your Gallery with the E2 XML Media Player for Gallery2 - http://www.flashyourweb.com

gdl

Forum User
Chatty
I believe you are talking about the Image Properties dialog in FCKeditor. I have adjusted the config.js to prevent this dialog from showing the "Upload" button.

But I am asking how I can remove the Images tab correctly from the Story Editor like in the linked photo.

SAMPLE

This area for embedding images in stories has been useless for me for over 5 years.

Thanks for any direction.

I SEE that you are now pulling Gallery content into search. This is something I am definitely needing for the sites. Though it seems you haven't gotten all of your questions answered in the posts. I'll read up on the discussion and see if I can implement it too.

Thanks again,

-Dan

suprsidr

Forum User
myconfig.js lists all the buttons visible by toolbar:

FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["editor-toolbar2"] = [ ['Source','-','Undo','Redo','-','Link','Unlink','-','Bold','Italic','Underline','StrikeThrough', '-','JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyFull', '-','OrderedList','UnorderedList','Outdent','Indent'],
['PasteText','PasteWord','-','FontName','FontSize','TextColor','BGColor','-','Rule','-'[b],'Image'[/b],'G2Image','Table','FitWindow','-','About']
] ;

-s
FlashYourWeb and Your Gallery with the E2 XML Media Player for Gallery2 - http://www.flashyourweb.com

gdl

Forum User
Chatty
Hehehe.. I'm not getting specific enough. Oops!

Here is exactly what I'm talking about

SAMPLE

This whole tab. It's pointless and confuses many since G2Bridge & Gallery is the way to go for adding content. I want to remove the whole "Images" tab.

Thanks.

suprsidr

Forum User
admin/story.php lines ~371 & 378
PHP Formatted Code
$navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[82],'showhideEditorDiv("images",2);return false;',true);

comment out similar lines

-s

gdl

Forum User
Chatty
Thanks! Looks perfect.

Dirk, I think this should be a Configuration setting for Stories. As I said, I haven't used that Images tab for over 5 years. Though the line #'s were a bit different for me, I commented out the lines. I'm running 1.6.1 too, so I don't know why the line # would be different.

PHP Formatted Code
  if ($advanced_editormode) {
        $navbar = new navbar;
        if (!empty ($previewContent)) {
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[79],'showhideEditorDiv("preview",0);return false;',true);
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[80],'showhideEditorDiv("editor",1);return false;',true);
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[81],'showhideEditorDiv("publish",2);return false;',true);
         //   $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[82],'showhideEditorDiv("images",3);return false;',true);
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[83],'showhideEditorDiv("archive",4);return false;',true);
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[84],'showhideEditorDiv("perms",5);return false;',true);
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[85],'showhideEditorDiv("all",6);return false;',true);
        }  else {
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[80],'showhideEditorDiv("editor",0);return false;',true);
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[81],'showhideEditorDiv("publish",1);return false;',true);
          //  $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[82],'showhideEditorDiv("images",2);return false;',true);
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[83],'showhideEditorDiv("archive",3);return false;',true);
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[84],'showhideEditorDiv("perms",4);return false;',true);
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[85],'showhideEditorDiv("all",5);return false;',true);
        }

Here's a sample of what I was going for. SAMPLE

Now the users are restricted to using external sources for images or they need to use Gallery to upload content. Brilliant!
Thanks again!

-Dan

::Ben

Forum User
Hello Dan,

Does the tab "Show all" will let users access the images uploader area Confused:

I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

gdl

Forum User
Chatty
Does the tab "Show all" will let users access the images uploader area

I just noticed that Show All isn't working correctly after this adjustment. I attempted to comment out Show All as well. As shown below.

PHP Formatted Code
   if ($advanced_editormode) {
        $navbar = new navbar;
        if (!empty ($previewContent)) {
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[79],'showhideEditorDiv("preview",0);return false;',true);
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[80],'showhideEditorDiv("editor",1);return false;',true);
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[81],'showhideEditorDiv("publish",2);return false;',true);
         //   $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[82],'showhideEditorDiv("images",3);return false;',true);
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[83],'showhideEditorDiv("archive",4);return false;',true);
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[84],'showhideEditorDiv("perms",5);return false;',true);
          //  $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[85],'showhideEditorDiv("all",6);return false;',true);
        }  else {
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[80],'showhideEditorDiv("editor",0);return false;',true);
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[81],'showhideEditorDiv("publish",1);return false;',true);
          //  $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[82],'showhideEditorDiv("images",2);return false;',true);
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[83],'showhideEditorDiv("archive",3);return false;',true);
            $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[84],'showhideEditorDiv("perms",4);return false;',true);
          //  $navbar->add_menuitem($LANG24[85],'showhideEditorDiv("all",5);return false;',true);
        }

Though when I do this, the "Permissions" tab stops working. Their must be some relationship between the number of tabs or the order. I am not sure since I don't understand PHP. I would like to remove "Show All" as well after looking at it. I like the separation of Tasks for creating a story. IE: Editor, Publish Options, Archive Options, & Permissions.

Perhaps suprsidr or Dirk can take another look at this. For now I just left Show All visible. So that the Permissions tab will continue to work.

Forum User
I think you have to rename (change number) tab 4 to 3, 5 to 4...

I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

gdl

Forum User
Chatty
Yep that fixed the issue.

Thanks!

All times are EST. The time is now 09:33 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content