NEW FILES last 14 days

No new files

Welcome to Geeklog Saturday, April 19 2014 @ 11:12 PM EDT

Forum Index > Support > Theming Support New Topic Post Reply
 New to Geeklog, got a problem

Anonymous: John Goonan
 02/04/10 08:37AM (Read 999 times)  

grumpy

After trying a theme for my site, which didnt work too well, i tried going back to the origional(proffesional) theme that came with it, unfortunately, all i keep getting is errors on the other theme, and it won't let me go back to themes at all or anywhere else. Can someone help me fix this?

this is the error every time:
Template Error: set_root: /home/craftki1/public_html/l33tlab.com/layout/stainless-raven/admin/config is not a directory.
Halted.

Thanks,

John

::Ben
 02/04/10 08:45AM  
+++++

Hello John,

Did you download the stainless-raven theme from here.

If not, you can take it there and upload to your site, it could work with geeklog 1.6.

We speak french on http://geeklog.fr

Profile Email Website
Dirk
 02/04/10 08:51AM  
AAAAA
Admin

Quote by: John Goonan

After trying a theme for my site, which didnt work too well, i tried going back to the origional(proffesional) theme that came with it, unfortunately, all i keep getting is errors on the other theme, and it won't let me go back to themes at all or anywhere else.

Geeklog will fall back to the default theme when the theme from your preferences is not available. In your case, it sounds like you set the default theme to the faulty one, then removed it.

A simple fix would be to upload a second copy of the Professional theme under the name "stainless-raven". Then you should be able to access the site again so that you can change the default theme back to Professional.

In the future when trying out themes, I'd suggest you leave the default theme (in Configuration) untouched and only change the theme under My Account. Then, when the new theme doesn't work, you can remove it and Geeklog would pick up the working default theme again. Only change the default theme once you confirmed it's working.

bye, Dirk

Profile Email Website
 02/04/10 08:53AM  

Quote by: cordiste

Hello John,

Did you download the stainless-raven theme from here.

If not, you can take it there and upload to your site, it could work with geeklog 1.6.

No i got it from geeklogs thing, BUT i cant actually get to the themes thing anymore as everytime i do i just get that error, it won't let me go anywhere in the admin panel at all, no matter what i click

02/04/10 09:24AM  

Quote by: Dirk

Quote by: John Goonan

After trying a theme for my site, which didnt work too well, i tried going back to the origional(proffesional) theme that came with it, unfortunately, all i keep getting is errors on the other theme, and it won't let me go back to themes at all or anywhere else.

Geeklog will fall back to the default theme when the theme from your preferences is not available. In your case, it sounds like you set the default theme to the faulty one, then removed it.

A simple fix would be to upload a second copy of the Professional theme under the name "stainless-raven". Then you should be able to access the site again so that you can change the default theme back to Professional.

In the future when trying out themes, I'd suggest you leave the default theme (in Configuration) untouched and only change the theme under My Account. Then, when the new theme doesn't work, you can remove it and Geeklog would pick up the working default theme again. Only change the default theme once you confirmed it's working.

bye, Dirk

Thanks! that seemed to work Smile Now all i need to do is play about with it all and get it all working as i need it, this may take some time Big Grin

Content generated in: 0.71 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content