Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Glad to hear you figured it out. Sounds like some super-restrictive setup that you have there when it's complaining about file permissions like that. Not really a bad thing, just something that I hadn't encountered before and so couldn't really help ...

bye, Dirk

Lizard

Anonymous
happy
Quote by: Dirk

Glad to hear you figured it out. Sounds like some super-restrictive setup that you have there when it's complaining about file permissions like that. Not really a bad thing, just something that I hadn't encountered before and so couldn't really help ...

bye, Dirk

Thank you. I am happy that it is all working. If I encounter any more problems I will let you know so that others can benefit from it.

Thanks again.

Lizard.

Lizard

Anonymous
curious
Ok.... :helpme:

Two new things I have noticed that I haven't seen mentioned on here.

The main thing is the quotes. On my forum it comes up as just text and not in a quote box like it does on here. Is this something I need to configure myself?

The other thing I noticed is the moods are in alphabetical order, almost, and easier to find whereas mine aren't. Is this something else I need to configure myself?

Thank you in advance.

Lizard.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: Lizard

The main thing is the quotes. On my forum it comes up as just text and not in a quote box like it does on here. Is this something I need to configure myself?

Did you add the forum.css to your site's stylesheet?

bye, Dirk

Lizard

Anonymous
dizzy
Oops!

Sorry. I moved the whole file into the theme files.
Thank you for your help. I now have a working Quote bar.

Thanks again.

Lizard.

Lizard

Anonymous
tired
Hi guys,

I just wanted to thank you so much for all of your help. I didn't really want to, but I have decided to knock this Geeklog thing on the head for now. I did have it all working, but I have had to delete it from my system due to the NexPro update. I received so many problems and errors we could not fix the problem. I think we must have re-installed the program about 7 times and tried everything to get it working again, but each time we tried something else went wrong. We even did a complete wipe of the files and re-installed the programme and then we could not log in! God knows what happened there.
Anyway.. Due to the inpatience of our customers, we felt that we should offer our customers an alternative service and we have now passed our very many customers on to another website and we have received loads of comments to say thank you for trying and hope that we get something up and running in the future.
I must say that I love Geeklog to bits and our customers liked what they did see too.
I will take a break for a week or two and then maybe try again with a few computer programmers that I know from my old job.

Thanks again for your help.

Lizard.

Page navigation