Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 07:33 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Upgraded to 1.6.1 Now Links Are Gone Too - SQL Errors

winnerdk

Forum User
All of my links are gone after upgrading to 1.6.1, apparently due to a SQL error.

The following appears in the error log; (Two Lines)

Sun 13 Dec 2009 18:07:32 EST - 1146: Table 'panamax_geeklog.gl_linkcategories' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT cid FROM gl_linkcategories WHERE (perm_anon >= 2) AND pid IN ('root'Wink
Sun 13 Dec 2009 18:07:32 EST - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Wink)) AND (perm_anon >= 2) AND 0 ORDER BY date DESC LIMIT 15' at line 1. SQL in question: SELECT lid,title FROM gl_links WHERE (date >= (DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL SECOND))) AND (perm_anon >= 2) AND 0 ORDER BY date DESC LIMIT 15

And, when I go to the links section, none of them appear.

Help.

Don
www.panama-guide.com

winnerdk

Forum User
And how do I turn off these GD happy faces so I can post problems and get some help to debug? The last thing I need right now...

Don

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Sounds like the update of the Links plugin wasn't applied. Go to the Admin's Plugin panel. Does it offer an update option there?

bye, Dirk

P.S. Try using the [ code ] tag (or "Code" button in the Forum editor) when posting portions from your error.log.

winnerdk

Forum User
No, and there are serious page formatting errors in that part of the program as well.

I am now absolutely convinced that I don't have a good, functioning, complete, and healthy baseline installation of the software running.

It's more than just little tweaks and minor errors. If there are major parts and pieces of the Configuration and Administration sections missing, then it will be impossible to implement the changes or tweaks necessary to fix the cosmetic and presentation issues.

So at this point, I'm kinda screwed. I've got GL 1.6.1 running, halfway. I can't access all of the options necessary to fix some of the problems through Configuration or Admin, and I don't know how to fix the install problems I have because I don't know what's wrong or what's missing.

Please don't walk away on me here, Dirk. I need to get this stuff fixed.

So, with regards to the Links issue - you said I should check to see if the update to the links plugin was applied, however the Admin / Plugins page is not displaying correctly either. What should I be looking at to try to fix that?

Don
www.panama-guide.com

HiddenMysteries

Anonymous
I ran into the same problem migrating from my great geeklog version 1.3.11sr7....

The migration did not create the gl-linkscategories table.

The category field was still in the gl-links table after migration.

After hours of frustration trying to figure a way around it.. I went through PHP my admin.

Exported the gl-links table to sql.

Then uninstalled Links.

Then reinstalled Links to create the correct tables..

Manually typed in the categories (though I could have isolated that field and imported them through phpadmin)

I did alter the gl-links exported sql file and changed "categories" to "cid" in all instances in the file.. then batched search and replace the category names with the new cid number created in the new gl-linkscategories..

So far this new Geeglog 1.61 looks very nice..

Now I loved my GUS.. how do I get it to work in 1.61?

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:33 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content