Quote by: Dirk
The funny thing is that Geeklog itself doesn't use mysql_close at all - only the install script uses it. And of the 3 occurences there, only one isn't using a db handle: The one in function mysql_v in lib-install.php. Try commenting out that line.
Dirk, okay so I took what you sent me and ran with it.
I used bbedit to search all the files in the admin/install directory for "@mysql_close"
I found two files with missing "handles":
lib-install.php and index.php
I commented out both lines and the upgrade went perfectly.
(This was upgrading to 1.5.2sr4 rather than 6.0.x)
I still don't understand why the GUI install doesn't suck the settings out of my config.php file though. Oh well, i am a happy user now.