Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 12:02 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

MySQL 5.2.6 back MySQL 4

richardbkk

Anonymous
confused
Hello People,

We host a few domains at Hostdime, and last weekend one of there server went wako and died. They started out pretty fast in repairing the system, and Saturday Redhat Linux was back and not long later Apache/2.2.12 was available (was before the crash Apache/1.3), then websites came back and it was not long before 2 of the Geeklog websites where working again, Hostdime had upgraded to PHP and MySQL 5.2.6.

Nice I was really happy, I always considered this datacenter as hopeless and this was the last year we wanted to use them... But now they had upgraded everything...

Of course I was to fast in celebrating my happiness, so they restored the whole server back to Apache/1.3, PHP 4.4.9 and MySQL 4.

The stupidity is that the databases where already in SQL 5.2.6, so now I have SQL 5.2.6 databases on a MySQL 4 server, I can see that it has 95 tables. But everything I try to dump it or download it generates a SQL version conflict and tables are dropped...

I have not the idea any of the Hostdime technical guys are able to help, they now for two days say they well get back to me and both times I hear never anything anymore....

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: richardbkk

The stupidity is that the databases where already in SQL 5.2.6, so now I have SQL 5.2.6 databases on a MySQL 4 server,

I'm surprised that this even works ...

Could be that the mysqldump version you're using is still for MySQL 4. Or maybe it get's confused about this 4/5 mixup.

I'm afraid that's only something your hosting service can sort out.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:02 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content