Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 12:41 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Error After Upgrade (1.4.1 to 1.5.2sr4)

PNMarkW2

Forum User
Junior
I ran the upgrade and received the "success " message, but have had nothing but errors since. After reading other people's experiences and noticing a theme of some file being missed or not updating I re-uploaded everything, but still no joy.

The current error on arriving at the site is...

Text Formatted Code
2 - require_once(english.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory @ /home/.badadryer/lewisandclark/district/lib-common.php line 397

Thoughts? Suggestions? I've been banging on this for 4 hours so far and I don't know what else to do.
~Mark

1000ideen

Forum User
What`s in line 397, the call for the language files? Are they in the right place?

PNMarkW2

Forum User
Junior
It does appear to be a call to the language file (in this case engligh.php) which is located in the language folder, that would seem to be in its default location.

The path_language value in the gl_conf_values table also seems to point to the correct folder.
~Mark

1000ideen

Forum User
I just noticed it said "require_once(english.php)" at the beginning... o.k., seems the path is wrong. Did you change anything during upgrade, move the webspace or so?

What`s written in the field path_language exactely?

PNMarkW2

Forum User
Junior
Here is the exact value from "path_language" from the "gl_conf_values" table:

Text Formatted Code
s:38:"/home/lewisandclark/district/cgi-bin/language/";

In that folder is an english.php file.

It was a simple in-place upgrade, no new server, no new anything, I just wanted to bring us up to date and make sure we had all the security fixes.

By the way, this was the second upgrade I did yesterday. The first one was a test on a personal site with less traffic. It went without a hitch, and when it went so well I decided to go for the high profile site as well. Big Grin
~Mark

1000ideen

Forum User
There is one error with the length of the code it is 46 signs. I just wonder how this happened, did you write it by hand into the MySQL?

s:38: -> s:46:

PNMarkW2

Forum User
Junior
Well, I would have said no, but I seem to recall that I might have manually fixed a path or two yesterday when I first encountered errors after the upgrade.

I changed s:38 to s:46, checked my other paths and made one other similar change, and all is working now.

So I'll fess up to this one. Big Grin

Thank you very much for your help.

~Mark

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:41 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content