Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 03:13 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Need Smooth Blue theme that works with 1.5.2

roc97007

Forum User
Junior
I have a couple of websites based on Smooth Blue that I recently upgraded from 1.4 to 1.5.2sr2. This broke my theme, but the Professional theme works so I appear to have a good install.

(I was mistaken earlier, 1.5.2 doesn't come with any theme except professional.) The Smooth Blue theme doesn't work completely. Geeklog complains of files and directories missing. I've added those from the professional theme, but find that some things still don't show up correctly. For instance, usersettings.php doesn't display the tabs across the top, making it impossible to get to "Layout & Language".

I notice that smooth blue works on the demo site. Specifically, under smooth blue, the tabs do show up in usersettings.php.

Is there a copy of this theme somewhere that works with 1.5.2 that I can download? Thanks.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
All the themese on the demo site can be downloaded from there. Follow the link to the "Visual Switcher".

bye, Dirk

ironmax

Anonymous
If your still having problems with the theme after downloading it from the demo site (Spacequad), then let me know. I will see what the issues are then.

Michael
Spacequad AntiSpam Services

roc97007

Forum User
Junior
Downloading a new smooth blue layout from the demo site fixed most of my problems, thanks. The last problem I have is with glmenu. The "walking" menus don't appear to work with smooth blue. The individual menu bars light up when I mouse over them, but the submenus are not revealed. The menu works under Professional theme and some of the others, like Burning Memory and Clear Blue but not Smooth Blue. Again, I suspect this is an easy fix, but not sure how to proceed.

ironmax

Anonymous
Quote by: roc97007

Downloading a new smooth blue layout from the demo site fixed most of my problems, thanks. The last problem I have is with glmenu. The "walking" menus don't appear to work with smooth blue. The individual menu bars light up when I mouse over them, but the submenus are not revealed. The menu works under Professional theme and some of the others, like Burning Memory and Clear Blue but not Smooth Blue. Again, I suspect this is an easy fix, but not sure how to proceed.

Ron,

Did you copy over all the theme glmenu files to that theme? Did you set the
permissions correctly for the CSS files within /layout/smooth_blue/glmenu/
*.CSS files in all sub-directories? Should be chmod 777 Read/Write/change.
Verify you have an up to date portalparts.php file in the system directory.
One last considerations to look at would be the cache and cookie files
within your browser you are using. Delete the cookie for that site you are
testing on and delete the cache files. Aside from that, I don't know what
else could be affecting the problem. you may wish to bring this question up
on portalparts.com and ask Blaine.

Michael

PS. The email reply address was incorrect in the email you sent to me. Email was returned as Unknown User and your name.

roc97007

Forum User
Junior
Ok, let's see.

> Did you copy over all the theme glmenu files to that theme?

I moved aside the old layout dir, created a new one, download and installed a bunch of new themes from the demo site and then copied the glmenu directory into all of them:

Text Formatted Code
for dir in /path/to/geeklog/public_html/layout/*
do
cp -rp glmenu $dir
done
chown -R apache.apache /path/to/geeklog/public_html/layout

It would have been more difficult to only copy some of the files. ...And no, I didn't saturate the disk. Usage is at 44% on that partition.

> Verify you have an up to date portalparts.php file in the system directory.

A diff between the one in system and the one in plugins/glmenu shows the files are identical. This is the only version of glmenu I've downloaded, current as of about 3 weeks ago.

It's too bad I can't test this on the demo site.

> Did you set the permissions correctly for the CSS files within /layout/smooth_blue/glmenu/
*.CSS files in all sub-directories? Should be chmod 777 Read/Write/change.

All files are owned by apache, so it shouldn't be necessary (and is arguably dangerous) to have the cssmenu and all it's files chmod 777 since they're in public_html, and it's not that way in the professional theme which does work, but I'll bite.

Text Formatted Code
cd path_to_geeklog/public_html/layout/Smooth_Blue/glmenu
find cssmenu -exec chmod 777 {} \;

> Delete the cookie for that site you are testing on and delete the cache files.

A reasonable suggestion, I had not thought of that. Deleting all private data, including browsing history, cache, cookies, and offline website data.

...nope. Still works in Professional but not Smooth Blue.

What I'm using as a test is the "links" submenu, which you get for free with glmenu, to eliminate possible configuration issues within glmenu itself. Although it's hard to imagine a configuration issue that would cause it to work in one theme but not the other -- the issue pretty much has to be theme related.

Oh, *this* is interesting. I hardly ever bring up Internet Explorer, but checked just now for completeness, and it works there. But not with Firefox 3.0.10. Fascinating.

I guess the next step is to ask Blaine.

> PS. The email reply address was incorrect in the email you sent to me. Email was returned as Unknown User and your name.

I guess that's possible, let me send an email to that address from work...

...nope, received fine. The domain is a moon of Jupiter, not a continent in the eastern hemisphere. When people bounce mail to me, that's the most common error. The username is my first name and the first letter of my last name, not my initials as in the handle used here. I haven't done business with that ISP for years, except to maintain the email address, which I've had since the early nineties.

Ron

roc97007

Forum User
Junior
cheerful
This is fixed, and it really was simple.

According to an article on portalparts, the glmenu walking menus will only work in strict mode. According to the readme, Clear Blue is strict compliant, but strict was not declared in header.thtml, as it is in professional and the other themes that did work. Adding:

Text Formatted Code
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

as the first line in header.thtml in the Clear Blue template fixed the problem. For some reason it's also missing the html and head tags, so I added those as well. It's like the top of the file was lopped off. As downloaded, the first line is:

Text Formatted Code
<title>{page_title}{page_site_splitter}{site_name}</title>

Anyway, it works now.

By extension, glmenu will be wonky with any template that isn't declared strict. I suspect this datum will be valuable for others trying to get glmenu working.

jay09

Forum User
Quote by: Dirk

All the themese on the demo site can be downloaded from there. Follow the link to the "Visual Switcher".

bye, Dirk

Hi Dirk,

Thanks. I had the same problem and this is exactly what i was looking for.

Regards,
Jay
Pret travaux

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:13 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content