Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 07:57 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

What is the locale setting (e.g. en-gb)?

Page navigation

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Geeklog relies on the server and on PHP for all the time/date related information and functions - there isn't anything in Geeklog that you could tweak.

PST should be UTC-8. Using "PST" as the timezone should also work, actually. If that still gives you odd results, try talking to your hosting service.

bye, Dirk

kilerb

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by: Dirk

Geeklog relies on the server and on PHP for all the time/date related information and functions - there isn't anything in Geeklog that you could tweak.

PST should be UTC-8. Using "PST" as the timezone should also work, actually. If that still gives you odd results, try talking to your hosting service.

bye, Dirk

I went back into config.php and lib-common and changed it to both "PST" and also tried "UTC-8" and nothing changed at all... Still says GMT-6 on the event.

I have 2 questions... What should I have it set for in the configuration area if I'm using the hack? Should I disable it in the languages & locales area or put something there? Also, where should lib-common.php be? Is it in the root directory or somewhere in a folder?

Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I'm confused now. config.php? That's not used any more, so of course changes there won't make a difference.

Also, there is only one lib-common.php and it already has the necessary code built in.

The Timezone entry under "Languages and Locale" in the Configuration is the replacement of the old config.php entry.

bye, Dirk

kilerb

Forum User
Regular Poster

I'm confused now. config.php? That's not used any more, so of course changes there won't make a difference.

Also, there is only one lib-common.php and it already has the necessary code built in.

The Timezone entry under "Languages and Locale" in the Configuration is the replacement of the old config.php entry.

bye, Dirk

Ahhhhh, got it... My config.php did have that timezone hack area on it. That's why I was confused. I copied lip-common.php once to another area. Is that file supposed to be in the layout area or in the root directory?

Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: kilerb

I copied lip-common.php once to another area. Is that file supposed to be in the layout area or in the root directory?

Root directory (where the layout directory is, but not inside of the layout directory).

bye, Dirk

kilerb

Forum User
Regular Poster

Quote by: kilerb

I copied lip-common.php once to another area. Is that file supposed to be in the layout area or in the root directory?

Root directory (where the layout directory is, but not inside of the layout directory).

bye, Dirk

Thanks... After I changed lib-common.php and the languages and locales timezone setting to "US/Pacific" it changed it to PDT.

LWC

Forum User
With that over, I'll get back to the original question:
The example in config.html is names of months. But aren't those hardcoded within each language file's $LANG_MONTH?

Page navigation

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:57 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content