Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 04:10 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Migrating to New Server

m311b

Anonymous
confused
Greetings -

Haven't been on here in years, and really havent needed to since my Geeklog installation worked without issues for years. I recently just migrated our site over to a new server but I'm having issues with the site now. I dumped the database using phpmyadmin and created a new database and imported to the new server using phpmyadmin. I also created a backup .tar of the entire site and extracted it onto the new server. I edited the config.php file with the new paths and the lib-custom.php as well. Since its an older version, 1.3.9 I believe, I made sure register_globals in PHP was set to "On".

Here is the behavior... basically you cannot click on any link on the site (ie comments, read more), as it just returns you to the homepage. Also I have been unable to login, as I get a "Try Logging In Again" error. And whats strange as well... the galleries, they show up, but as soon as you click on a gallery it just "refreshes".

You can see this in action at: http://www.denverunderground.com

I would upgrade to the latest version, but I'm shutting the site down in about a month to make way for a new project so I'd like to just get this working again.

Any suggestions??

m311b

Anonymous
I'm gonna switch back to the old server for the time being as we get a lot of traffic, so if anyone wants to take a look it will not be behaving as I have described.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: m311b

Since its an older version, 1.3.9 I believe, I made sure register_globals in PHP was set to "On".

Here is the behavior... basically you cannot click on any link on the site (ie comments, read more), as it just returns you to the homepage.

Since you probably are on PHP 5 now, you will also need to activate register_long_arrays.

Any particular reason you're not also upgrading to the latest Geeklog release at the same time? Your version is really old (as you can see from the problems you're having) and probably also has security issues.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:10 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content