Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 04:01 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Upgrade messes up languages

utf8-user

Anonymous
Hi,

I have a site with utf-8 contents and all users using only utf-8 languages. In fact I have deleted the non-utf-8 language files. This was under 1.4.2. I am now upgrading to 1.5.2 and have a problem:

1. I have UTF-8 as my default charset in the config file.
2. The upgrade seemed to work.
3. I still (after the upgrade) have my admin user as a ISO-... user. I do not know how to switch that in the system.
4. If I switch the language file manually to utf-8, all stories and topics are gone for that user. I assume that the multi-language feature is blending them out? I have no enabled it though.

I want a non-multilanguage site where everyone can see everythin, no matter in what language it has been written.
I want to eliminate all non-utf-8 languages from the system (I assume I just delete the language files again?)
I want to see the stories again when I am not in "english" but in "english_utf-8"!

thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Check that the siteconfig.php has utf-8 as the $_CONF['default_charset']. Then try switching to another language and back to English. See if that fixes it.

bye, Dirk

utf8user

Anonymous
tried that, did not work. If I switch to another language, I can see the articles again, If I switch to english, they are gone.
The charset is UTF-8 now in english.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Do you have the multi-language setup enabled by accident?

Configuration > Geeklog > Languages and Locale

The second and third entries (Language Files + Languages) should both offer the option to "Enable" but not list anything. If any of them show something else, click on the (X) to disable them.

bye, Dirk

utf8user

Anonymous
I got it now. There were no languages, but it was not disabled. Maybe it should disable itself if there are no additional languages?

thanks for the help

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:01 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content