Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 12:24 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Lingering themes

suprsidr

Forum User
I was just helping a friend troubleshoot some issues on his GL 1.5.1 site.
Whenever he saved a config setting an old unused/removed theme template error would rear its ugly head and halt the site.
He had removed the theme, but his user account still showed it as his default theme even though it no longer existed.
The site worked fine using the site's new default theme, It was only when he saved config settings did this problem arise.
Apparently configuration.php would still call for the user's default theme, not the site's even if the user's theme did not exist. (make sense?)
I fixed his problem, and I'm not sure if it was fixed in 1.5.2 but maybe take a look for 1.6 Wink

-s
FlashYourWeb and Your Gallery with the E2 XML Media Player for Gallery2 - http://www.flashyourweb.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, could this be this bug? Which in turn points back to this thread?

If so, it hasn't been fixed yet ...

bye, Dirk

P.S. Geeklog falls back to the default theme if it can't find the user's preferred theme. Which should explain some of the effects you were seeing.

suprsidr

Forum User
Sorry wasn't subscribed - thought that was automatic when you participate in the topic.
No, not the same. The system default theme existed. It was the user's preferred theme that did not exist but yet GL tried to use it.
Only on configuration->save. The rest of the site worked as expected and used the system default when the user's preferred theme did not exist.

-s
FlashYourWeb and Your Gallery with the E2 XML Media Player for Gallery2 - http://www.flashyourweb.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:24 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content