Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 07:38 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Unable to unserialize ...

knuff

Forum User
Hello,

It has been awhile I have been playing with GL and now I am doing all at once it seems Mr. Green

Here goes:

Upgraded from 1.4 to 1.5.2
Moved Box while at the same time going from MySQL 3 to 5 and a new version of PHP.

I guess I am getting close, and a few more grey hairs, but now I run into the following scenario.
In the configuration tool, the backup line is empty and when trying to put the path there, it refuses it (e.g. nothing happens).

In the error.log I get the following:

Text Formatted Code

Thu Feb 26 01:23:25 2009 - Unable to unserialize s:56:"/var/www/html/geeklog/data/"; for Core:path_data
Thu Feb 26 01:23:25 2009 - Unable to unserialize s:44:"/var/www/html/images/"; for Core:path_images
Thu Feb 26 01:23:26 2009 - Unable to unserialize s:59:"/var/www/html/geeklog/backups/"; for Core:backup_path
Thu Feb 26 01:23:26 2009 - Unable to unserialize s:56:"/var/www/html/geeklog/data/"; for Core:path_data
Thu Feb 26 01:23:26 2009 - Unable to unserialize s:44:"/var/www/html/images/"; for Core:path_images

And editing this table directly in phpmyadmin does not seem like a good idea (tried that a few times with no success)
I used the migration tool from Blaine, hence that is why I am up and running partially, but still some errors as you can see.

My question is.

Can you edit the values directly in the SQL Admin, and if so, how :-)
What is the logic of this s:44: string in the text field in the DB. Why not just the plain vanilla there ?

Best Regards,
Boris

Vanrillaer.com - our Family Portal

knuff

Forum User
OK, Could as well delete it, but leave it here for future reference if someone makes the same mistakes as I did :doh:

I imported the DB as UTF8 in the new one, where it was latin1.
This caused some hiccups also on the config table, because after a restore with the correct codepage I could actually just change them.

More details of my mistake here

Mr. Green
Vanrillaer.com - our Family Portal

ArchyAA

Forum User
Junior
I have the same trouble after the hosting change...

Text Formatted Code
Mon Apr 26 18:47:26 2010 - Unable to unserialize s:67:"/home/a/webserver/site/site.com.ua/backend/geeklog.rss"; for Core:rdf_file
Mon Apr 26 18:47:26 2010 - Unable to unserialize s:48:"/home/a/webserver/site/site.com.ua/"; for Core:path_html
Mon Apr 26 18:47:26 2010 - Unable to unserialize s:44:"/home/a/webserver/site/language/"; for Core:path_language
Mon Apr 26 18:47:26 2010 - Unable to unserialize s:43:"/home/a/webserver/site/backups/"; for Core:backup_path
Mon Apr 26 18:47:26 2010 - Unable to unserialize s:40:"/home/a/webserver/site/data/"; for Core:path_data
Mon Apr 26 18:47:26 2010 - Unable to unserialize s:55:"/home/a/webserver/site/site.com.ua/images/"; for Core:path_images
Mon Apr 26 18:47:26 2010 - Unable to unserialize s:47:"/home/a/webserver/site/system/pear/"; for Core:path_pear
Mon Apr 26 18:47:26 2010 - Unable to unserialize s:55:"/home/a/webserver/site/site.com.ua/layout/"; for Core:path_themes

HELP ME PLS!!!

ArchyAA

Forum User
Junior
SOLUTION (thank you, that no one helped)

The problem is that the programmer who decided to move path in new versions of GeekLog from the configuration file to the database, must hammer a nail into his head...

Hence a lot of problems when moving - GeekLog site will never work properly with the new path, and when you try to change the path in the database via phpmyadmin and climbs the above error.

How I solved the problem?

On the new server through simlinks created the old way.
In my case it was
Text Formatted Code
ln -s /home /usr/home

After that, it turns out that your site is as though lying in /usr/home/site and the /home/site, so you need to go to the admin, configuration, and replace all the old ways
Text Formatted Code
/usr/home/site/ *

new
Text Formatted Code
/home/site/*

Thats all, folks. Now delete the symlink and enjoy.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: ArchyAA

SOLUTION (thank you, that no one helped)

The problem is that the programmer who decided to move path in new versions of GeekLog from the configuration file to the database, must hammer a nail into his head...

Thanks for the kind words. Next time, you may want to use the handy Migrate option in the install script that was made just for this case.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:38 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content