Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 02:46 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Serbian Language for GeekLog!?

ascepanovic

Forum User
Hello everyone,

I am investigating geeklog cms features and I noticed that Serbian/Montenegrin translation isn't included...
If u are interested I will bee glad to contribute by submitting Serbian language file.

I didn't started with translation process yet but I can probably do it if somebody tell me which file exactly I need to translate (I am asking this because of GeekLog versions) .

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: ascepanovic

If u are interested I will bee glad to contribute by submitting Serbian language file.

Of course we're interested Big Grin Thanks for offering it.

Translating Geeklog is actually pretty straightforward. Here's a wiki page that should get you started. Feel free to ask any questions you may have after reading this.

bye, Dirk

ascepanovic

Forum User
Hi Dirk,

Thanks for response, I am familiar with php and localizations so there will no be problems I think. I stared my translation yesterday few hours after my post and I am now on line 960 or something. So it will be completed soon I think. I am planning to do some variations also and I will let u know about my progress…

This is a good way for me to get familiar with geeklog features because I am planning to participate in GOSC 09 and I already have some ideas…

Bye,
Aleksandar

ascepanovic

Forum User
Hi again,

I am almost done with Serbian non UTF-8 latin translation file. It will be very useful from other users from Ex Yugoslavia because Croatian and Bosnian language files aren’t completed at all it’s about 40% or less of native language and other variables are on English…

I need to figure out what term to use for TrackBack and when I done that I will need to check spelling mistakes and to create UTF-8 version (I believe that I will finish this soon)….

However I found few problems already:
1. File sectest.php can’t be translated because this file doesn’t contain variables and text is on English in php blocks. This can be easily fixed
2. On page admin/user.php?mode=batchdelete Reminders title doesn’t have a language variable or I can’t find it Razz
3. This is little confusing in my opinion

Line 975:
Text Formatted Code
 19 => 'NOTE: if you wish to send a message to all site members, select the Logged-in Users group from the drop down.'

That’s all for today, I will be working on this tomorrow probably…

Regards,
Aleksandar

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The hard-coded strings for sectest.php are a known bug and will be fixed in a future release.

The "reminder" strings are in $LANG28, entries 77-79, from what I can see.

What do you consider confusing in that note?

bye, Dirk

ascepanovic

Forum User
Sorry for sects.php but reminders is bug however… Error is located in file admin/user.php on line 796:
$header_arr[] = array('text' => 'Reminders', 'field' => 'num_reminders', 'sort' => true);

I fixed this… I changed line mention above to:
$header_arr[] = array('text' => $LANG28[86], 'field' => 'num_reminders', 'sort' => true);

And I added 86 in $LANG28 array in english.php and english_utf-8.php.
I submitted patch for this:
http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=817

What do you consider confusing in that note?

Well if I have 200 registered users for example, and I want to email each one of them
I think that I am not interested in only Logged In users group because at the moment of my decision there can be 0,5,10… logged users only...

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Thanks for the bugreport - I didn't see this.

As for the Logged-In Users: As the note tries to say: If you want to send an email to all users, then send an email to the group "Logged-In Users". It will then really email all registered users, including those that are not currently logged in.

We can't change the name of that group (groups in Geeklog are identified by their name - we would risk breaking existing code). If you have a suggestion as to how to make that note more clear, let's hear it Smile

bye, Dirk

ascepanovic

Forum User
Hi again,

Well in that case I think that NOTE should be more detailed, something like your post… Smile

ascepanovic

Forum User
Hi once again,

Finally Serbian (latin) language page is now completed. I believe that Geeklog users from Ex Yugoslavia will find it useful also…

I am planning to submit and Cyrillic version of this page, but I don’t know when I will do that exactly.
I checked translation few times from start to end and I did my best to avoid spelling mistakes…

Ps.
I uploaded .zip archive

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Okay, I have now added these language files to our Mercurial repository. Thank you!

One small change: I decided to leave the "latin" out of the file names, for consistency with other languages from that area that also use ISO-8859-2 or Windows-1250 encodings. If you get around to creating Cyrillic translations, we can add "cyrillic" to the names of those files.

bye, Dirk

ascepanovic

Forum User
Hi,

That’s fine with me. I will probably submit Cyrillic version but I don’t know when.
In my opinion latin is widely used so u made the right decision…

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:46 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content