Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 12:02 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum Installation Step #4

techuser

Forum User
confused
I'm confused with step #4

I've tried uploading the files in every way imaginable but I cannot get it right.

I'm confused with step four in the instructions, and I have read the installation Wiki, the flowchart, and searched this forum.

Step four says: Copy the directory called forum and contents from the new plugin's themefiles directory to your sites theme's directory. Assuming your site is running the professional theme this would be public_html/layout/professional. You would then copy the themefiles/forum directory from the plugin archive so that you create a professional/forum directory with all the new layout files from the plugin archive.

The way I read this, the first step creates a forum directory under professional. So I am lost.

Any help would be Greatly Appreciated!!! :helpme:

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: techuser

The way I read this, the first step creates a forum directory under professional. So I am lost.

That's correct. What's the problem with this?

bye, Dirk

techuser

Forum User
Quote by: Dirk

That's correct. What's the problem with this?

bye, Dirk

I solved the problem all by myself!

I'm new to Geeklog, and all I asked for was a little help with step 4 and you chose to not help at all. What kind of help forum is this? You could have explained the step a little more in detail. I've been up a lot of hours trying to get my website up and running, and have a whole lot of caffeine in my system!

I will not be running my Forums site in this manner, I can tell you this much!!!

I did all of the research before posting, RTFM and tried everything I could before posting. You could have been a little bit more helpful. I found your post to be arrogant.

That's my two cents.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

I'm new to Geeklog, and all I asked for was a little help with step 4 and you chose to not help at all. What kind of help forum is this?

Huh? I confirmed that you read the instructions correctly and asked you to explain further what your problem was with that part of the instructions. I was trying to help. I don't see how that should have offended you?

bye, Dirk

techuser

Forum User
Just a lot of caffeine in me, and frustration....sorry.......it's installed, but when I click on Forums now, all I get is a blank page, how do I correct this???

Thanks, and sorry :pray:

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Which Geeklog version is that? I thought we had the problem with blank pages sorted out by now ...

Anyway, start here: Blank page

bye, Dirk

techuser

Forum User
I added those to lines to my php.ini, and I still get a blank page Frown

Geeklog ver 1.51

Evil

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Did you remember to restart your webserver after changing the php.ini?

bye, Dirk

techuser

Forum User
Yes, after a painful process with my webhosting company, the webserver was restarted, and I still get a blank page Frown

Am I supposed too do anything with the css files to not get the blank page?

Also I looked at the file that it is pulling up, and it is a 0kb file.

The Forum - Welcome to GeekLog is appearing on my front page of my Geeklog site?, but not any of the other Forums that I created. Still when I click on the Forum Link all I get is the blank page Evil

:helpme:

iam

Anonymous

Yes, after a painful process with my webhosting company, the webserver was restarted, and I still get a blank page Frown

Am I supposed too do anything with the css files to not get the blank page?

Also I looked at the file that it is pulling up, and it is a 0kb file.

The Forum - Welcome to GeekLog is appearing on my front page of my Geeklog site?, but not any of the other Forums that I created. Still when I click on the Forum Link all I get is the blank page Evil

:helpme:

are you sure you got the step #4 correctly?

techuser

Forum User
You copy the same directory right???

If not which directory do you copy? To each location? Please help.......I find Step #4 confusing

Forum Features also gives me a blank page Frown

I got my Webhosting to restart the server and I edited the lib-common.php, and no error message

iam

Anonymous

You copy the same directory right???

If not which directory do you copy? To each location? Please help.......I find Step #4 confusing

Forum Features also gives me a blank page Frown

step# 4 is about your site theme to show the forum inside the site. inside the folder call themefiles, you have to copy a folder call: forum, forum css file, and functions, to your site/layout/professional theme and add the quote css code to profesional theme- css file.

techuser

Forum User

step# 4 is about your site theme to show the forum inside the site. inside the folder call themefiles, you have to copy a folder call: forum, forum css file, and functions, to your site/layout/professional theme and add the quote css code to profesional theme- css file.[/p][/QUOTE]

I did all of this except the css which I just did, and everything work except the buttons that I described earlier, and I cannot get any error messages. The Forum is displaying on my Geeklog front Page, I can Import Stories into the Forum, and New Forums...etc.

I just don't know what else to do. I've opened a helpdesk ticket to get my Apache error log and see if there is any error messages in there. In the meantime....I'm open to suggestions. :banghead:

techuser

Forum User
All of the .php files in the /forum/public_html folder in the archive are 0Kb is this the way it's supposed to be?........it doesn't sound right!

:banghead:

techuser

Forum User
After :banghead: over and over I find out that it was a broken file I downloaded from Geeklog. I dowloaded the file from the Authors website and now everything is working Great!

Razz

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:02 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content