Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 06:36 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Review our new website on Geeklog, please

adriman

Forum User
Hello all,

please review our new site design www.myiptest.com and functionality of network tools on our site. Some parts of site design are not finished.

Good network tools http://www.myiptest.com

LWC

Forum User
If you delete the "powered by Geeklog" footer, it's not the wisest move to post it right on Geeklog...

Anyway, nice scripts. Did you make them yourself? In any case, you should change the word "city" into "ISP's city". It doesn't have to be the user's city. I'd say to do the same thing to "country", but it's much less likely.

1000ideen

Forum User
The character set is utf-8 but the displayed city is not utf-8.

adriman

Forum User
Quote by: LWC

If you delete the "powered by Geeklog" footer, it's not the wisest move to post it right on Geeklog...

Anyway, nice scripts. Did you make them yourself? In any case, you should change the word "city" into "ISP's city". It doesn't have to be the user's city. I'd say to do the same thing to "country", but it's much less likely.

1. "Did you make them yourself?" - yes, every script in this site is made by me.
2. hange the word "city" into "ISP's city". - I'll think about this, thanks.

---------
For me it's UTF-8.. hm..., can you explain more... ?

LWC

Forum User
Click "view source", then "save as" and you'll see Notepad knows it's ANSI and not UTF-8. You probably used something like substr instead of mb_substr.

1000ideen

Forum User
Try this IP it is in Münster 82.207.242.15

hfd

Anonymous
I do like your theme. if you can share with us. not the script but only the theme. Big Grin

cheer!

RickW

Forum User
Its a nice site.

Yea you probably should put back the geeklog link in the footer, even if it has a font size of 4. It helps the main geeklog site gain PR, which in turn helps keep geeklog popular, which in turn helps you maintain your own site with the generous help of other GL developers. Wink

www.antisource.com

adriman

Forum User
Quote by: 1000ideen

Check now the same IP address please, issue was solved.

We can't share our site template design, and you will be not very happy to use our templates, because of we made many changes to them, some we don't use at all.

Can somebody say me how can I enable php scripts in archivestorytext.thtml and storytext.thtml templates. I know that I can use php code only in header template. May be there are some config files where I can enable php for this 2 templates ?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: adriman

Can somebody say me how can I enable php scripts in archivestorytext.thtml and storytext.thtml templates. I know that I can use php code only in header template. May be there are some config files where I can enable php for this 2 templates ?

Instead of hacking PHP into it, use CUSTOM_templateSetVars. That function is also called for the story templates and lets you define your own theme variables.

bye, Dirk

hfd

Anonymous
Quote by: adriman

Quote by: 1000ideen

We can't share our site template design, and you will be not very happy to use our templates, because of we made many changes to them, some we don't use at all.

Just J/K brother, I know you are a expert about this thing.

bye

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:36 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content