Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 08:58 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

URGENT - static pages error on upgrade to 1.5.1 - call to undefined function

sakuny

Anonymous
i just installed GL 1.5.1 finally and received a success message. but when i go to main page of site, i receive the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: static_rdf() in /hsphere/local/home/adminup/geeklog/plugins/staticpages/functions.inc(1180) : eval()'d code on line 3

i am able to navigate the site from *within* but cannot enter from the main index page: http://www.newdharma.com

i put the previous config.php file from the plugins/staticpages/ directory of previous version.

i don't understand the error message, so cannot figure it out. thanks for any help.
we are stuck with the site down.

suprsidr

Forum User
At least for a temp fix, in system/lib-custom.php you can define the function yourself.
make it empty
Text Formatted Code

function static_rdf(){
}

-s
FlashYourWeb and Your Gallery with the E2 XML Media Player for Gallery2 - http://www.flashyourweb.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: sakuny

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: static_rdf() in /hsphere/local/home/adminup/geeklog/plugins/staticpages/functions.inc(1180) : eval()'d code on line 3

There is no function static_rdf in Geeklog and there never was.

This error seems to come from one of your static pages with PHP code in them. You probably forgot to port over some custom code for one of your static pages.

bye, Dirk

sakuny

Forum User
Junior
that was exactly it.

there was a chunk of custom code that i didn't port over.
helpful to remember that step needs to be taken when upgrading.

thanks a bunch, Dirk.

i just did my semi-annual review of sites, thinking about changing CMS
since i'm changing hosts. and after all the poking around, l landed
firmly with keeping Geeklog.

this support is the best reason of all.

Quote by: Dirk

There is no function static_rdf in Geeklog and there never was.

This error seems to come from one of your static pages with PHP code in them. You probably forgot to port over some custom code for one of your static pages.

bye, Dirk

sakuny

Forum User
Junior
okay...i spoke too soon.

i'm now getting this error, instead:

2048 - Non-static method config::get_instance() should not be called statically @ /home/cxcpeace/public_html/plugins/staticpages/functions.inc line 58

string(0) ""

i've ported the custom code. this is on a new server. everything dandy, but static page wreaking havoc again.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

2048 - Non-static method config::get_instance() should not be called statically @ /home/cxcpeace/public_html/plugins/staticpages/functions.inc line 58

That's a compatibility issue between PHP 4 and PHP 5.

You shouldn't see this though, unless you changed the error_reporting line in lib-common.php. If you did, change it back to the default.

bye, Dirk

sakuny

Forum User
Junior
Quote by: Dirk

That's a compatibility issue between PHP 4 and PHP 5.

You shouldn't see this though, unless you changed the error_reporting line in lib-common.php. If you did, change it back to the default.

bye, Dirk

i didn't make any changes in lib-common. the error seemed to show up after i made a change of password to the default Super User from another admin user account because i was never able to get in using the default "Admin/password" so i inserted tables from previous server installation to add an admin account to get in.

i also inserted story tables from the previous installation, so that must be where the PHP came from, but i've no idea about how to find the incompatible code if that's the issue.

it's a Fantastico auto-install so i've not touched any of the files directly other than updating the lib-custom.php

this is the error_reporting line. it's identical to the default:
error_reporting( E_ERROR | E_WARNING | E_PARSE | E_COMPILE_ERROR );

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The error you quoted above should only show up when you enable E_STRICT error reporting in PHP. But since Geeklog is suppressing these messages (with the error_reporting line in lib-common.php) I'm a bit confused where it's coming from.

Are you only getting this from the static pages plugin? The other bundled plugins use the same code and should therefore throw the same error.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:58 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content