Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 06:54 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Don't display a topic on main page

justrage

Forum User
Hi folks.

I wanted too find out if there was a way (other then setting a topic to archive) to have a topic not display on the main page, but still be searchable or viewable by clicking on the link too the topic.

For example. I get about 100 topic submissions a week. Of those about 20 get posted. Another 20-30 are ok but just not front page material. I would like to have this topics on the site but not have them available on the main page, but have them available under the topic section I add them too.

Is there any way to do this with more then 1 topic without having to hack up the sql query for the main page?

1000ideen

Forum User
I don`t know if I understood you right because the solution seems so simple but did you notice that stories don`t have to show on main page? Just make them appear under any topic.

justrage

Forum User
I'm not exactlly sure how you do this then. Under a topic the only settings available are:
Topic ID: (do not use spaces)
Sort Order:
Stories/Page: (default is 10)
Topic Name:
Topic Image:
Or Upload Topic Icon: (Maximum 200 x 200)
Default: (make this the default topic for new story submissions)
Archive Topic: (make this the default topic for archived stories. Only one topic allowed.)

Where exactly do you set a topic to not display on the main page and is only available under the specific topic link?

justrage

Forum User
O I know where you are talking about. You mean each you submit a story it has the option at that time to be added on the main page or not.

I would perfer a global setting as I get several hundred topics posted a month.

iAm

Anonymous
Quote by: justrage

I'm not exactlly sure how you do this then. Under a topic the only settings available are:
Topic ID: (do not use spaces)
Sort Order:
Stories/Page: (default is 10)
Topic Name:
Topic Image:
Or Upload Topic Icon: (Maximum 200 x 200)
Default: (make this the default topic for new story submissions)
Archive Topic: (make this the default topic for archived stories. Only one topic allowed.)

Where exactly do you set a topic to not display on the main page and is only available under the specific topic link?

you forget to look at the top navbar menu options section.

[qoute]Editor/Publish Options/Images/Archive Options/Permissions/Show All>>>>>Publich Options>>>Show only in topic.[/qoute]

iAm

Anonymous

Editor/Publish Options/Images/Archive Options/Permissions/Show All

>>>>>

Publich Options

>>>

Show only in topic.

1000ideen

Forum User
And the topics editor should have a rights management too. If this is not displayed try the professional standard theme

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:54 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content