Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 02:21 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Template Error: set_root

Shrinivas

Anonymous
I moved my geeklog website from one host/server to another. At first place, the site was a complete CPanel hosting while in the second server, it is an add-on domain in the CPanel hosting. Also, the directory structure are different. For example, in the first server, it was /home/siteuser/public_html/ and in the second, it is /home/directory2/public_html/siteuser/ where the geeklog files reside.

In order to keep it simple, I installed it fresh (same version) on the second server and restored the database from the first installation. I changed the entries in gl_conf_values table appropriately (including the counts) to match the new directory structure. Since I was using colors theme in the old site, I copied the directory also into layout. Yet, for some reason, I am getting the error in set_root as follows:

Template Error: set_root: /home/sitename/public_html/layout/colors is not a directory.
Halted.

I have scanned through the db-config.php and siteconfig.php also but could not find any other reference to the old directory structure in the new site. Understanding that it might be happening due to usertheme cookie, I deleted all the cookies and restarted my computer also without luck. Any help on this front would be greatly appreciated.

Shrinivas

Shrinivas

Anonymous
excited
No worries, found out what was wrong. There are over 300 property values in gl_conf_values and I was modifying only the first 30 variables using PHPMYAdmin and did not imagine about the rest 270+ variables. Changed all the required once for the new directory structure and it is working fine now.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Glad you figured it out. Btw, did you see this? Geeklog 1.5 Migrations

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:21 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content