Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 09:06 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Registration not working for me GL 1.5.1

Norm

Anonymous
I updated to GL 1.5.1 today. When I create a new user and approve the new user application, a confirmation email is not sent with the user name and temporary password. The database updates the user to active status. Other email functions (mailing stories, etc.) work. I have captcha 3.1 installed. I have the problem whether or not captcha is enabled. Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Norm

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Are you approving the users from the moderation screen (aka Command and Control) or do you edit the user, then save them?

In the former case, it looks like it should send an email.

bye, Dirk

Norm

Anonymous
Quote by: Dirk

Are you approving the users from the moderation screen (aka Command and Control) or do you edit the user, then save them?

In the former case, it looks like it should send an email.

bye, Dirk

Tried both. Neither work. Can you tell me which files control the emailing piece so that I can diff my files with the install to see if there is a discrepancy?

Thanks.

Norm

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Check admin/moderation.php. You'll see that when you approve a user there, it'll call USER_createAndSendPassword. That function is in system/lib-user.php and sends the email right away. So I'm not sure how there could be a problem here (unless the email is sent but never reaches the recipient - or ends up in their spam folder).

bye, Dirk

Norm

Anonymous
Thanks Dirk. I diff'ed the files and both files were identical. I'm sending the registration email to one of my own email accounts. Mailing a story goes through immediately and is not caught up in a spam filter; it is just the registration emails that don't get sent. Are there any logs that I could check within geeklog that would document whether the email actually got sent?

Thanks,

Norm

Richard.bkk

Anonymous
blank
I also had once a problem with the registering of new users....

We found that we had the wrong path to sendmail, we had something like /usr/bin/sendmail and it needed to be /usr/sbin/sendmail

It is very likely that this is not it, but sometimes - speaking from my own experience - it is the little and obvious things we overlook.....

Regards,

Richard

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:06 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content