Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 02:59 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

content syndication issue

tim

Anonymous
rss block and feeds not showing on home page, although it shows as active in admin panel.

any help appreciated,
Tim

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
More information, please: Is this about importing feeds from other sites or publishing your own? What do you expect to happen, what happens?

Out of the box, Geeklog can only import feeds from other sites (that's what the portal blocks are for). Your own feed will only be added to the site's header (should display a little RSS icon in the URL bar in Firefox, for example). Everything else you may have seen on this or other sites are add-ons.

bye, Dirk

tim

Anonymous
I use internet explorer and do not see an rss feed indicator as you state that I would with firefox. I would like feeds from my site, sortof like the ones on this site-bottom right.

I read somewhere on a faq or something here on this site that you have to build a block. if so, is there any related information as to how this is accomplished?

Thanks,
Tim

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
What you see on the front page is just a normal block with some HTML in it - the links are hard-coded. You can view the site's HTML code and just copy&paste that into a block on your site (oh, and please "steal" the icon instead of linking to us).

Blocks can be created from the Blocks admin panel.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:59 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content