Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 07:31 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Old version install for 1.5.1

ronack

Forum User
After reading message after message of people having problems with the 1.5.x install or upgrade and NOT being able to install it myself. What's the chances that we could get an old version install of 1.5.x ? For me it took me less than 15 minutes to have a site up and running with the pre 1.5.x install and I have yet to get the post 1.5.x installed.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, I don't remember seeing a lot of problems with the 1.5.x install script. And as usual, the people having problems are more visible than the people who didn't have any problems and therefore didn't post ...

The old install script is dead and gone - and I consider this a good thing. If there are problems with the new one, help us track them down and eliminate them.

bye, Dirk

ronack

Forum User
Quote by: Dirk

Hmm, I don't remember seeing a lot of problems with the 1.5.x install script. And as usual, the people having problems are more visible than the people who didn't have any problems and therefore didn't post ...

The old install script is dead and gone - and I consider this a good thing. If there are problems with the new one, help us track them down and eliminate them.

bye, Dirk

You're kidding right. Have you been in the Installation part of the forum?

I just installed and got this error:

Upgrade - i pay for help

1.5.1 error

Installing Error

Geeklog -> MYSQL error during install

install brings up blank page

Trying to install

Error on step 2 of the install instructions

Error on Updating to 1.5CVS

Upgrade - Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page

1.3.5 -->> 1.5.0 upgrade won't work

1.4.1 -> 1.5.0 Config not read

help on installation of 1.5

Upgrade to GL 1.5 Broke Site

I know some of these might have been easy fixes but this shows that it's not just me.

Enough of that, my problem is that it doesn't put anything in MySQL. I click install then get a SQL erro page which isn't very insightful then I go check the directory and there's nothing there. This is on a fresh install. For me the paths have to be literal, instead of relative. In other words instead of /db-config.php it has to be c:/geeklog/db-config.php. But it might work if it would install the MySQL. But that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: ronack

You're kidding right. Have you been in the Installation part of the forum?

No, I was serious. I get an email for every post that is made on the forums, so I think I have a pretty good idea what's going on.

I checked the first couple of posts you listed and none of them were really about issues with the install script itself. People have the same problems as before in some cases (where to put the files and how URLs and how paths relate to each other). And in some cases, I guess the install script could try and provide some more information.

Enough of that, my problem is that it doesn't put anything in MySQL. I click install then get a SQL erro page which isn't very insightful then I go check the directory and there's nothing there. This is on a fresh install. For me the paths have to be literal, instead of relative. In other words instead of /db-config.php it has to be c:/geeklog/db-config.php. But it might work if it would install the MySQL. But that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Yep, SQL errors during the install are a problem since we don't want to display them (due to security concerns) but the location of error.log may not be known at that point, so the install script can't log them. This isn't new, actually - the old install script had the same problem.

Try opening system/databases/mysql.class.php and change the
Text Formatted Code
var $_display_error = false;
to = true;

Make sure to change this back once you get the site up and running!

I'd be interested to see what the problem is so that we can make the install script handle it or be more verbose about it.

bye, Dirk

ronack

Forum User
Sorry I haven't tried this yet, I've been rather busy. I'll give it a try asap.

Thanks Dirk,

Ron

ronack

Forum User
I think this is my problem.

Text Formatted Code

if (strpos(strtolower($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']), 'db-config.php') !== false) {
    die('This file can not be used on its own!');
}

My server doesn't have a $_SERVER[PHP_SELF] so I am trying to use the actual path and keep getting errors. For me it will be F:/geeklog1.5.1/db-config.php

ronack

Forum User
Ok I think I got that worked out, but when I click install it goes to a page doesn't exist. I'll keep messing with it.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

My server doesn't have a $_SERVER[PHP_SELF]

That's an unusual configuration. Did you run any earlier Geeklog versions on that server? Because it would have the same problems ...

bye, Dirk

ronack

Forum User
Everything up to 1.5 works. I don't remember seeing it used prior to 1.5. I think if I can do a manual install of the sql files I might be fine but I don't know for sure so I thought of adding the MySQL db and log on info to the mysqltableanddata.php and see if that works but I expet there is probably more to it than that. My problem is having the time to do it.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

I don't remember seeing it used prior to 1.5.

The code you quoted above can be found in 1.4.1 in every file that is included into some other file. It's been in Geeklog for quite a while now. That's why I'm wondering ...

bye, Dirk

ronack

Forum User
DUH! :banghead: Your right of course so there is something else causing the problem. I guess I'm lost as to why it wont install.

ironmax

Anonymous
Has there been any resolution to this problem? I get the same thing upgrading from 141 to 151 with this error message when going to the page or any page after the upgrade. "This file can not be used on its own." From what I can tell by going thru the database after the fact is that the database did indeed get upgraded and all the paths are correct.

Okay, I just had a thought, and it worked. I went into the database and turned off all the plugins by putting a zero in the pi_enabled field of all the plugins. Then I had another try at the home page of the site, and it came up with no problem. However after a closer examination when I started to click around the site, and got this error message "Template Error: filename: file (path NOT disclosed for security reasons) /public_html/layout//header.thtml does not exist.
Halted."

Error log stated Unable to unserialize s:5:"professional"; for Core:theme because I manually changed the theme name in the database hoping that would solve the on screen error.

So...removed the custom themes and went with the professional just to be on the safe side. Now I had fix that problem. I ended up making this change in the database under gl_conf_values:

MySQL dump file line
Text Formatted Code

INSERT INTO `gl_conf_values` (`name`,`value`,`type`,`group_name`,`default_value`,`subgroup`,`selectionArray`,`sort_order`,`fieldset`) VALUES ('theme','s:12:\"professional\";','select','Core','s:12:\"professional\";',2,-1,190,10);

That fixed the theme problem. So...if you have a custom theme, make sure you revert back to the original 141 professional version in the settings before you upgrade.

(Note: If you plan on upgrading to GLFusion, make sure you do the Geeklog upgrade first.)

If your able to see your site now, go back into the plugins screen and re-enable your plugins, taking note if you get an error. If you do, immediately un-check that plugin and goto the next. All the core plugins should be okay to work fine. If not, then ask questions by starting a new topic.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:31 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content