Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 07:37 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

setup

RADU

Anonymous
Oance in a while i get this message even ifi go to othercomputers

"There are no news stories to display. There may be no news for this topic or your user preferences may be too restrictive "

How can i stop this? I donotwant to see this anymore.

HELP

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Simple: Add a story ...

Otherwise: Configuration > Stories and Trackback > Story > Hide "No News" Message?

bye, Dirk

radu

Anonymous
where do i do that

radu

Anonymous
burt there are alotofstories and static pages link to the navigation bar that do not show to my visitors help me change that please

Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
To suppress that message, disable it in the configuration as shown (or in config.php for earlier Geeklog versions).

That's for stories only. I don't understand how static pages would come into play here ...

bye, Dirk

radu

Anonymous
static pages have an option to link them to the top navigation of the page i have a lot of them but they do not show even under shobjects only "Home" shows up nothing else

Help
My site is www.ortodox.net

radu

Anonymous
I think i fix it tell me if it is ok:
In SQL i change the parameters for my layout under the language settings like this:

language_files unset *text Core unset:a:2:{s:2:"en";s:13:"english_utf-8";s:2:"de";... 6 -1 470 28
languages unset *text Core unset:a:2:{s:2:"en";s:7:"English";s:2:"de";s:7:"De... 6

I set them to "unset" i hope wil not affect the site not to display the site in Romanian

It is OK?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Assuming you want to disable the multi-language feature, click on the (X) next to the "Language Files" and "Languages" options (in Configuration > Geeklog > Languages and Locale).

bye, Dirk

mee

Anonymous
Quote by: radu

static pages have an option to link them to the top navigation of the page i have a lot of them but they do not show even under shobjects only "Home" shows up nothing else

Help
My site is www.ortodox.net

hello my friend, you do not need to set all your static page to the top navigation menu bar. you can create a new block, copy the static page URL: link under the page ID: to the block. give a link to it.

example:
Text Formatted Code

<a href="http://yourwebsite.com/staticpages/index.php?page=2008100616203xxxx">static page 1</a>
<a href="http://yourwebsite.com/staticpages/index.php?page=2008102521393xxxx">static page 2</a>
<a href="http://yourwebsite.com/staticpages/index.php?page=2008101807555xxxx">static page 3</a>

do not set to, "CENTER BLOCK, OR ADD TO MENU".

thanks.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:37 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content