Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 10:34 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

story submit error

Don

Anonymous
We have been using 1.4.1 for our 4-H club website. We require members to logon to submit a story (Contribute). The stories then must be approved before they show on the website.

We have had no problems until the other day. Normally a member will type a story and then click "Preview", "Submit", Then a page comes up that says, " System Message - Thank-you for submitting your story. It has been submitted to our staff for approval. If approved, your story will be available for others to read on our site."

This message page no longer shows, and the story never is submited.

Also if I logon as Admin to edit a story I receive a browser error. ( I use IE 7.0)
I receive this error when I logon and go into story editor.

>Problems with webpage prevents it from displayed properly.

>Line 33
>char: 12357
>Error: could not complete operation due to error 800a025e
>Code: 0
>URL: ..../fckeditor/editor/fckeditor.html?InstanceName=bodyhtml&Toolbar=editor-toolbar2

I am the only one that loads any files or make changes to the system. Everyone else only has basic access rights, no other admins. I have not made any changes since April, 08.
Thank you, Don

Don

Anonymous

This message page no longer shows, and the story never is submited.

[/p]

What I now see displayed after "Submit" is "Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again later."

Thanks, Don

Don

Anonymous
Now when I try to edit or "Create New" in the user manager I receive this error...

An error has occurred:
2 - require_once(Mail/RFC822.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory @ /home/barnyard/public_html/lib-common.php line 2884

array(1) {
["email"]=>
string(30) "Barker@west.com"
}

(This text is only displayed to users in the group 'Root'Wink

Thannks in Advance, Don

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The first issue you posted seems to be a problem with FCKeditor and IE 7. Try updating FCKeditor.

I assume you figured out that for the second problem Geeklog was just hiding the actual error messages? If not, please see the FAQ: Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again

The last issue is with PEAR, i.e. it can't find the PEAR package to send mail. Start with Geeklog and PEAR

bye, Dirk

Don

Anonymous
I disabled PEAR in the config.php and now everything wis working fine.
I can now add new users.

What is with the PEAR that it would suddenly cause this?

Thanks, Don

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
When you set 'have_pear' to false, it means that Geeklog will use the PEAR packages it ships with. So it sounds like you were using the packages installed on the server before. Which seems to indicate that your hosting service changed something there ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:34 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content