Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 09:48 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog v1.5.0 BETA 2

LWC

Forum User
I've tried to upgrade from BETA 1 and the installation still ignores the site_name and site_slogan parameters.

But more importantly, I got this message:
Geeklog Installation
Database already up to date!
It looks like your database is already up to date. You probably ran the upgrade before. If you need to run the upgrade again, please re-install your database backup and try again.

When I go to the site, I get this error:
Text Formatted Code
1054: Unknown column 'is_open' in 'field list'. SQL in question: SELECT pid,topic,is_open from gl_polltopics WHERE display = 1 ORDER BY date DESC

Keep in mind I use MySQL:
MS SQL install should now work but upgrades still don't (they do for MySQL, though).

Finally, thanks for getting rid of the hardcoded text-align! Geeklog is once again multilingual.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
That may have been badly worded. I wanted to point out that upgrades from versions prior to 1.5.0 don't work with MS SQL but that they do with MySQL.

We had to change the name of the "open" column in the polls plugin to "is_open" due to it being a reserved word in MS SQL. You'll have to make that change manually or start over from scratch. Remember, this is a beta version and you were told not to run it on a production site just yet ...

The bit about site_name / site_slogan is not going to change.

bye, Dirk

LWC

Forum User
We had to change the name of the "open" column in the polls plugin to "is_open" due to it being a reserved word in MS SQL.

I guess it means:
Text Formatted Code
ALTER TABLE `gl_polltopics` CHANGE `open` `is_open` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'

But is there anything else that changed in the database?

The bit about site_name / site_slogan is not going to change.

Why?

LWC

Forum User
Now that I ran that SQL command, I see the site. But I see Gibberish and only non Unicode languages in the language selection box.

It's because the new siteconfig.php has kept the default $_CONF['default_charset'] = 'iso-8859-1'; instead of $_CONF['default_charset'] = 'utf-8'; It should have changed automatically like in BETA 1. Just like $_CONF['path'] was somehow changed from the default.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: LWC

But is there anything else that changed in the database?

There was a minor change for the sort order of the config options for the Polls plugin that's probably not worth patching. The order of the options is still the same, but two of them had the same sort_order value. Shouldn't matter in practice.

bye, Dirk

LWC

Forum User
Nevertheless, what is the relevant SQL line to fix this?

Also, what about the lack of detecting UTF-8 by default? Would it happen again whenver one upgrades from a 1.5.0+ version?

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:48 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content