Welcome to Geeklog Tuesday, October 22 2019 @ 02:36 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can't restore Dbase for upgrade


Status: offline

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
Registered: 28/12/02
Posts: 90
blank
Hi gang.

I'm having difficulty trying to upgrade my geeklog. I have version 1.3.9 and somehow when I ran the installation upgrade, it gave me an error and I couldn't run the upgrade again after that. So what I need to do is restore the old backup dbase and try to upgrade it again. The problem is it's not letting me restore the dbase.

Here is the command I executed:

mysqldump --user=username --password=password --host=hostname databasename < backup.sql


and it kept giving me this message and never completed the restore.


-- MySQL dump 10.11
--
-- Host: hostname Database: database name
-- ------------------------------------------------------
-- Server version 4.0.27-standard-log
/*!40103 SET @OLD_TIME_ZONE=@@TIME_ZONE */;
/*!40103 SET TIME_ZONE='+00:00' */;
/*!40014 SET @OLD_UNIQUE_CHECKS=@@UNIQUE_CHECKS, UNIQUE_CHECKS=0 */;
/*!40014 SET @OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@@FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS, FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0 */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_SQL_MODE=@@SQL_MODE, SQL_MODE='NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO' */;
/*!40111 SET @OLD_SQL_NOTES=@@SQL_NOTES, SQL_NOTES=0 */;
/*!40103 SET TIME_ZONE=@OLD_TIME_ZONE */;

/*!40101 SET SQL_MODE=@OLD_SQL_MODE */;
/*!40014 SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS */;
/*!40014 SET UNIQUE_CHECKS=@OLD_UNIQUE_CHECKS */;
/*!40111 SET SQL_NOTES=@OLD_SQL_NOTES */;

-- Dump completed on 2008-05-19 18:54:43


Of course I replace the hostname and database name to hide the identity but I still couldn't figure out what's wrong with it. Please help. I'm desperatedly need help as the website I managed has been down for couple of days and this is not good. Thanks everyone..

The Dude

Status: offline

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 12/01/02
Posts: 13073
Location:Stuttgart, Germany
mysqldump is for creating database backups. But you said you wanted to restore one ...

:rtfm: Restoring a database backup

bye, Dirk

Status: offline

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
Registered: 28/12/02
Posts: 90
Dirk.

That was a very fast response. Thanks man. :banana:

Status: offline

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
Registered: 28/12/02
Posts: 90
ok. restrore succesful but upgrade failed with this error.

Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again later.


got to be something simple that i missed but not sure what. any other thought?

Status: offline

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 12/01/02
Posts: 13073
Location:Stuttgart, Germany

Status: offline

1000ideen

Forum User
Full Member
Registered: 04/08/03
Posts: 1294

Status: offline

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
Registered: 28/12/02
Posts: 90
ok I deserved that.

Having a Doohhh moment. Oops! Haven't been administering geeklog for quite a while and coming back to it prove to be too many doohh moment. Thanks again Dirk. :-)

Status: offline

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
Registered: 28/12/02
Posts: 90
thanks 1000ideen. :-)

Status: offline

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
Registered: 28/12/02
Posts: 90
ok. I guess I'm really getting rusty at this whole upgrade things. Now I have this new problem on top of other problem that i have slowly resolved it. This one, I'm scratching my head. Any thought?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: display_calendar() in /geeklogdir/system/lib-custom.php on line 542


and this is line 542

$retval = display_calendar();



This is the calendar that comes with the gl 1.4.1 and I really haven't changed anything on it but I can't figure out where to look for the function to try to debug it. :-( Please help? Thanks everyone.


Status: offline

1000ideen

Forum User
Full Member
Registered: 04/08/03
Posts: 1294
Are you sure you updated all the files? I think the position of the calendar changed within the last versions. Might indicate that you have something mixed up. Idea

Status: offline

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
Registered: 28/12/02
Posts: 90
yeah I think so. I didn't touch anything from the tar ball other than the one suggested from installation/upgrade manual such as the config.php and lib-custom.php.

I installed all the new version of the plugins because earlier during upgrade, it kept on erroring on me telling me that it can find functions.inc. So after couple of minor hacks, it actually completed the upgrade and show me the login page. Of course as soon as I click login, the calendar problem started to show up. :banghead:

Status: offline

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 12/01/02
Posts: 13073
Location:Stuttgart, Germany
Quote by: thedude

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: display_calendar() in /geeklogdir/system/lib-custom.php on line 542


So you have some custom code in your lib-custom.php that calls up this function. Comment it out then.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:36 pm.

  • Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content